Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Falling progesterone - very scared

(2 Posts)
user1478433729 Sun 06-Nov-16 12:10:38

Hi

First post here, and am very, very scared.
I'm 41, have very recently found out I am pregnant.
Today (6/11/16), I am now 5 weeks 2 days.

I went to my local NHS GP last Monday to tell them that I have a positive pregnancy test, and was a little alarmed to find that they did not suggest doing a separate blood test to confirm, but simply said that they would be back in touch in several weeks.
Was a little concerned by this given my age, so went along to get blood tests at a private lab. Two tests, three days apart.

I am now extremely worried about my results. The hcg doesn't appear to be rising fast enough (?) and, worryingly, the progesterone is dropping.

I've not told friends or family that I am pregnant and am extremely panicked by these results, and feel extremely isolated. I do not know what to think or do.

My results are below.
3/11/16: PROGESTERONE 73.4 nmol/L
5/11/16: PROGESTERONE 60.6 nmol/L

3/11/16 : QUANTITATIVE Beta H.C.G. 2728.0 IU/L
5/11/16: QUANTITATIVE Beta H.C.G. 2839.0 IU/L

I would be extremely grateful for any constructive insight.
thank you
x

Kittenrush Sun 06-Nov-16 14:34:41

The reason they don't do lots of extra tests is for this reason. You can't and shouldn't interpret these results yourself. 5 weeks is extremely early on and unfortunately all you can do is wait. No one is going to be able to tell you everything is definitely going to be okay or that it definitely isn't. Sorry I can't be of more help but you literally just can't know this early. You're going to have to be patient. I know it's hard. Sending you strength and a hug x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now