Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constipation

(12 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:26:54

Just that.....i was warned, but not prepared for it......Jesus. I feel like i give birth every time i go.

I have a high fibre diet, i have no choice, combined with 30mls lactulose.

The struggle is real people.

Anyone else feel like moaning about what a HARD time our bowel movements are having (pun intended)

Dazedandconfusedtoomuchpeppa Sat 05-Nov-16 22:28:03

Prune juice!!!! Please try it if you haven't already. Tastes vile but very very effective

Flanderspigeonmurderer Sat 05-Nov-16 22:28:47

I'll join you! Mine comes and goes. It was bad last week as we went away for half term and ate crap. Dulcolax seemed to help. I'm back to eating bran flakes and prunes.

sweetchilli77 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:29:21

how much do i need to take of prune juice? Do i just buy at supermarket?

LizzieSiai Sat 05-Nov-16 22:30:08

Also, go running! That helps to push things along.

sweetchilli77 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:32:16

Cant really go running, i have to take it easy as I've had lots of bleeds. I try and get a good walk in though. I drink enough too, i make sure i do. I dread toilet time sad

Dazedandconfusedtoomuchpeppa Sat 05-Nov-16 22:52:50

From what I can remember, a glass In the morning and one at night helps. I stopped taking it because of the taste but it really does help if you can bear it.

stripeyorangesocks71 Sat 05-Nov-16 23:04:05

Your doctor or perhaps midwife will be able to prescribe you pregnancy safe medicines to have if you're really struggling. I exercise a lot, drink so much water and have a high fibre diet and I still struggle sometimes. It's the hormones and body changes that slow things down..

elmo1980 Sun 06-Nov-16 02:02:52

Sultana bran and fybogel work for me. If not I do feel, like you, that I'm giving birth each time I go! Didn't know you could take dulcolax in pregnancy though.

123456kent Sun 06-Nov-16 09:46:49

I'm having the same problem, during my first 2 weeks of knowing I was pg I went to the toilet once! It's the progestorone slowing everything down apparently. I tried dried blueberries, and think it helped a little. They are very sweet, but delicious. Available in Tesco

AcademicNerd Sun 06-Nov-16 10:06:56

Adding a bit of yogurt to your prunes can help with the taste.

moobeana Sun 06-Nov-16 12:31:20

With all my pregnancies I suffered horribly with this. After exhausting the natural options, my doctors prescribed movicol (also called laxido). I took half a sachet a day for all pregnancies. Kept me regular and sane. Please go and get it sorted, helped prevent piles and prolapses.

Also took some for a week post birth, made that scary first poo easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now