Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Too early?

(7 Posts)
user1474319850 Sat 05-Nov-16 13:40:33

Hi, i was wondering if it is too early to buy a chest of drawers for all my babys clothes? I am 15 weeks in 2 days and have had a healthy 9, 12 and 14 week scan. I've bought so many vests and baby grows and things like that, they was originally in a box but now theres so much it doesnt all fit and i dont want to leave baby clothes lying around getting dirty or lost. I wont buy a cot or anything like that until a lot further a long but i really need a chest of drawers, is it too early? X

Laura05 Sat 05-Nov-16 17:01:53

I wouldn't say so. At 15weeks with dc1 my mum bought a cot, bedding etc and my mil bought a travel system. I wanted to wait until after my 20week scan but all were in a sale so it would've been silly to tell them no. It's completely a personal choice.
I'm on pg3 and debated today whether to buy another chest of drawers but no idea where to put them hmm

Desmondo2016 Sat 05-Nov-16 18:57:01

Having suffered a late loss I don't do anything before 24 weeks x

Jodie1982 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:24:15

I dont want to bring doom n gloom but I'd wait till after 20wk scan.
At my 20 wk scan my baby was diagnosed with a life threatening birth defect called a Diaphragmatic Hernia. We are told it's 50/50 survival chance so I won't buy anything yet. Not till I know if he'll be coming home. I'm glad I hadn't purchased anything earlier on.
It's low odds to it happening to you but it'll save upset by waiting to buy anything expensive.
Sorry for the doom n gloom sad

SeashellHoarder Sun 06-Nov-16 15:05:34

This is so personal to each mum, but I never bought anything until 24 weeks with mine. I was superstitious of jinxing things.

I'm now on dc3 33 weeks and only just started buying the things I need.

GinIsIn Sun 06-Nov-16 15:55:41

We waited to buy most things until after the 20 week scan so we knew that everything was definitely ok, but as you seem to have bought a lot of stuff already it seems silly not to buy something to put them in?

ConvincingLiar Mon 07-Nov-16 06:32:25

Is it just a chest of drawers for the spare room? If so go ahead. If you're about to spend a fortune on decorating a nursery and buying baby specific furniture, I'd probably hold off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now