Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity bra- is 6 weeks too early?

(12 Posts)
becca1611 Sat 05-Nov-16 08:15:13

I will be 6 weeks tomorrow but suddenly my boobs feel like they want to explode. I am a 34DD and spilling out of my cup so definitely need to get a bigger one as it is so uncomfortable. Will just getting the next size up be a waste of money as il soon be bursting out of that one or what? When did you buy your first maternity bra?

Augustwedding Sat 05-Nov-16 08:19:58

I was in normal underwire bra until 20 weeks then went to an underwired maternity bra from nursing bra.co.uk. Think was called Anita.

You could also try back extenders.

Aliveinwanderland Sat 05-Nov-16 08:21:21

My boobs ballooned in first 8 weeks but then didn't expand anymore during rest of the pregnancy. I had my nursing bra fitting at 39 weeks but now 11 days in it's too small!

DoubleCarrick Sat 05-Nov-16 08:23:51

I bought my first maternity bras at 6 weeks. Needed them and they were comfortable. Just buy two because by about 20 weeks I needed bigger again

GinIsIn Sat 05-Nov-16 08:26:01

I'm 26 weeks and haven't bothered with maternity bras at all, just sized up. If you continue to grow you will still need to get more, bigger maternity bras anyway so just find whatever is comfortable for you.

MrsChrisPratt Sat 05-Nov-16 08:37:10

I sized up at around 8 weeks then last week at 20 weeks bought maternity/nursing bras. Obviously no need for the nursing bit but I thought rather than spend on something Ill potentially only wear for a few weeks, this way I can use it when I'm on my way down afterwards. They are an absolute godsend! Like you I am relatively big of boob but managed to find some supportive non wired bras from m and s (2 pack about £20) and it's made a huge difference to how I feel at the end of every day. Being uncomfortable on top of being pregnant and knackered is just not worth it imo. If you need them, buy them!

Narnian Sat 05-Nov-16 08:43:20

I bought cheap sports bras from Tesco at that stage and 'upgraded' to proper maternity bras at around 16 weeks.

Rockingaround Sat 05-Nov-16 08:55:31

Narnian yy, I'm 22 weeks with our third and I am in those crop top/sports bra's. The maternity bra's were a waste of time and very uncomfortable be comparison. By all means get nursing bra's when you're closer to deliver but even then, the crop tops with breast pads in are easier and good for through the night if nothing else

haveacupoftea Sat 05-Nov-16 09:17:24

I got fitted for a nursing bra at 8 and a half weeks. Had gone up a couple of sizes and at 40k one of those lovely soft crop tops would have been worse than useless. Bravissimo does all their non underwired bras in nursing so why not get nursing, who knows it might last until you need it.

MrsA2 Sat 05-Nov-16 13:34:08

Primark sell nursing bras if you want something cheap to keep you going through early pregnancy

becca1611 Sat 05-Nov-16 14:51:23

Brilliant thank you ladies I think I will have a look for a cheap one for now then as they have ballooned so quickly I'm sure they will have another growth spurt before long. shockenvy

Kittenrush Sat 05-Nov-16 15:39:20

Definitely don't spend much! My boobs were huge at the beginning but as soon as my baby dropped they shrank back down to normal size, now everything I've bought is too big! Hoping it'll all come in handy again once my milk comes in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now