Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sheets, sheets & more sheets...

(11 Posts)
NEmum Sat 05-Nov-16 07:50:40

I'm posting in the hope that someone can help me make sense of the seemingly millions of varieties of sheets I may need for when my baby makes an appearance...

I have:

Chicco next to me
Sleepyhead
Mamas & papas Cotbed
Stokke carrycot

I'm loathe to buy the "proper" sheets for the branded items as they retail for approx £40 a go...can I use flat sheets safely?
Also M&P mattresses are a slightly different size to standard ones aren't they?

X

Zumbumba Sat 05-Nov-16 07:57:33

I'm not sure of the dimensions for yours but Ikea make 60x120 sheets and are very reasonable?

welshweasel Sat 05-Nov-16 08:00:02

For the sleepyhead and carrycot I never used a sheet, just put a fresh muslin down under him each time (but did have a waterproof mattress protector on). If you're using the sleepyhead in the Chicco then you don't need a sheet on that. Ikea do cheap cot bed sheets.

WordGetsAround Sat 05-Nov-16 08:02:27

Use muslins and pillow cases for the first while, at least. Definitely don't buy specific sheets as you baby night not even settle in them.

NEmum Sat 05-Nov-16 08:04:18

Thanks! I was getting a bit dizzy at the cost of extra sheets..! So next q, best place for large muslin squares?

Ilovewillow Sat 05-Nov-16 08:17:48

I agree with others waterproof cover and large Muslins! The best large Muslins I got were Aden and Anais, my son is 3 and I still keep one now, can't bear to get rid it's so lovely. You can also buy them from Amazon.

OohNoDooEy Sat 05-Nov-16 08:21:40

Pillowcases are perfect for the carrycot. I got fitted cotbed sheets from asda

OohNoDooEy Sat 05-Nov-16 08:23:11

Tk maxx is great for muslins. I didn't like them for my sicky baby and preferred burp clothes but I seem to be on my own in that. Just try not to over buy

OhTheRoses Sat 05-Nov-16 08:24:47

Pillowcases - can you still buy standard pram sheets from mother are and JL?

TeaBelle Sat 05-Nov-16 08:30:53

Aldi do huge muslins during their baby and toddler event. The ones I have were a metre square

stripeyorangesocks71 Sat 05-Nov-16 23:10:53

Some good fitted cotton sheets for the chicco next2me crib on amazon for around £6.50 ish, I've bought two and washed and tried them ahead of baby's arrival. I'm rather pleased with them and glad I haven't spent money on the branded ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now