Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP! Is this early labour?

(7 Posts)
jaden912 Fri 04-Nov-16 12:42:32

Hi Ladies, I am hoping you can help.

I am 39 weeks + 2days preggers with my first, now on Tuesday morning I had a "bloody/brownish show" follwed by mild period cramps, which came to nothing! However this morning I have had 3 more shows, everytime I go the loo there has been more. Now after this I have had regular tightenings, which subsided but has now turned into dull period cramps, I have had these before but this time, they do seem to be more painful but again, nothing unbearable. Could this possibly be early labour? thanks x x x

RayofFuckingSunshine Fri 04-Nov-16 12:44:19

Could be, but even if it is it could still be days yet I'm afraid. Just try to relax, eat and drink if you can and keep yourself distracted!

LolaStarr Fri 04-Nov-16 12:48:52

It could be! I was similar for two days before I went into full blown labour. Fingers crossed!

Dixiechick17 Fri 04-Nov-16 12:49:14

I had more show each time I went to the bathroom, on off all day, dull period cramps that night and DD arrived following morning. Sounds promising, fingers crossed it's not long for you

jaden912 Fri 04-Nov-16 12:56:30

Thanks, ladies. this is much appreciated. Although, I am also booked in for a stretch and sweep on Sunday morning, so ideally would like her here before then! if only we could choose a delivery slot! I have to say, even though I had 2 shows on Tuesday, this morning they felt more real this morning if that makes sense, I think its because the pain afterwards, was more prominent, something is defo going on down there, are there any tips, on maybe how to give her a help on her way? x x

Dixiechick17 Fri 04-Nov-16 13:30:22

I put my feet up and rested just in case, also had loads of naps and an early night, glad I did as it all kicked off around 1am and she was here by 7.17am. You can do ball bouncing and walking up and down stairs sideways.

Nikki2ol6 Fri 04-Nov-16 14:15:10

That's how my early labour started. The pains were like a period pain but were quickly coming and going rather than the constant ache. The midwife said it's what they call twinges

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now