Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan

(10 Posts)
MissMooMoo Fri 04-Nov-16 11:20:12

I have my 12 week scan this afternoon and my appt letter doesn't state if I need a full bladder or not.
Should I go with one?

McBaby Fri 04-Nov-16 11:21:50

Go with them it can help them get a better view they will tell you to empty if if needed.

MissMooMoo Fri 04-Nov-16 11:27:42

Thanks mcbaby that is what I thought too. Dreading the drive with one though!

BobbieDog Fri 04-Nov-16 11:32:26

When i had my scan 2 weeks ago the letter said it wasnt necessary to have a full bladder but drink normally but dont go to the toilet one hour before your scan.

BobbieDog Fri 04-Nov-16 11:35:16

However when i had my dd 4 years ago the letter said drink 2 pints one hour before your appointment.

The journey there and in the waiting room was hell i have never felt so bursting for a wee in all my life! It ruined my scan experience as i couldnt concentrate on the scan and was just so desperate to get to the loo.

I was very relieved when this time it said you didnt have to do that.

Oysterbabe Fri 04-Nov-16 11:49:32

My letter said a full bladder was needed.

summerskittles91 Fri 04-Nov-16 11:52:44

sounds silly, but i find it easier to get the scan early and sit and drink water there. Really struggle to drink loads and then drive and wait.

Tbh even if your bladder isn't full they can still see. but the fuller it is the clearer the image. Don't be struggling though, at one point i drank so much that as soon as she started scanning i thought i was going to burst it was so uncomfortable!

Kittenrush Fri 04-Nov-16 15:26:09

Empty before you go but drink water in the car and waiting room, else you'll just be miserable smile x

SquedgieBeckenheim Fri 04-Nov-16 15:27:54

I didn't have a particularly full bladder for either this 12 week scan or with DD. They got good images both times.

MissMooMoo Fri 04-Nov-16 20:42:28

They ran a bit late so was bursting when I finally went in but all was well and baby was bouncing around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now