Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

shouldn't the FRER line be dark and fat if CB saying 1-2 weeks?

(12 Posts)
amIUTD Thu 03-Nov-16 21:16:36

Evening ladies,
this is my first time on here. i've looked through the posts but can't find any answers to this...
I came off the pill in May after 15 years. AF been like clockwork ever since, except this month.
I'm 6 days late, and 2 days ago i had a + on CB digital saying 1-2 weeks, but today, i did another 3 manual tests (CBplus, FRER and Boots own) and all have only faint lines. Shouldn't it be fat dark lines by now? Does this mean its a chemical pregnancy and i should expect AF any day?
Any advice gratefully received.x

Dixiechick17 Thu 03-Nov-16 21:55:53

This is a pic of my clear blue dye test taken on the same day as the digital, really faint, all was fine and my DD is 17 months, hope that reassures you

AHobbyaweek Thu 03-Nov-16 22:07:41

The 1-2 weeks on the test still is a very early pregnancy that is detected by very small amounts of hormone. I took the clear blue one after a very faint line even at 2-3 weeks and DD is one. I made myself feel.better by taking the cheapest tests a few days after as it's darker then.

amIUTD Thu 03-Nov-16 22:20:15

thanks Dixie and Hobby.
I guess I'm just a bit older and havent been the healthiest these last few months (i.e. drinking and smoking a lot before i got the first +ve) so am just fearing the worst.
but thank you, you've both made me feel better. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Dixiechick17 Fri 04-Nov-16 02:59:24

I got pregnant whilst on holiday, we weren't trying and I had been drinking and smoking loads that holiday, and had been to a party two days before I get my positive, so understand a little the worry, I'm 35. Hope all goes well for you smile

Mymouthgetsmeintrouble Fri 04-Nov-16 03:04:45

I didnt get a strong line until 6/7 weeks with all of mine

ellesbellesxxx Fri 04-Nov-16 07:13:18

I was going to show you this.. the weds would have been my period (we had IVF though so it worked a bit differently) and the weds clearblue showed 1-2. This was the Friday... it took until 5/6 weeks until the line matched control line and 6 weeks for clearblue to show 3+... and I am pregnant with twins! I wound my self up testing and worrying about the line but there are so many variables xx

amIUTD Fri 04-Nov-16 09:53:49

Thanks ladies. It's just when they say the hcg Level should be doubling every other day, i thought a week after AF due, it would be showing some progression. Thanks for the pics though. Definitely helps!
I had no idea I was going to obsess over everything like this - sorry for the paranoia!!

AHobbyaweek Fri 04-Nov-16 23:05:24

Just to reassure you, the baby doesn't start using your blood supply (with any alcohol in) until after about 6 weeks so don't worry about that!

Desmondo2016 Sat 05-Nov-16 06:05:32

No, at 1-2 weeks you could literally just have the lowest amount of hcg to get the positive. I think i was 7 weeks and showing 3+ on digital before i got a satisfying dark line and I'm now 32 weeks.

amIUTD Sat 05-Nov-16 11:31:30

I just did a manual this morning and it's looking a bit stronger (different brand though - anyone tried early bird?)
In a way I wish there was a less sensitive test so I could check my levels were increasing!
Anyway thanks for all the reassurance ladies, really grateful x

haveacupoftea Sat 05-Nov-16 13:47:37

It takes ages for lines to get stronger. I always panicked my hcg wasnt doubling properly. But hpts arent really for measuring that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now