Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant after taking morning after pill

(7 Posts)
mumofsaffronjasper Thu 03-Nov-16 14:46:57

Hope it's ok to post here. I have two children of 10 and nearly 8.....we were not planning on having anymore at all.

We had an accident and I took the morning after pill......its failed. I am 6+1 weeks....although I am slightly concerned I am more as......I'm not sure actually I just feel further along. I'm showing already it feels like, and my boobs are bigger and so sore! Also I vaguely remember my previous period being slightly odd?? Im soooo soooo tired as well. Like ridiculously, I dont remember feeling like this at this stage before.

My husband is leaning more towards not keeping it and I just really dont know..... I really dont. I am 32 husband is 33 and we had children younger and were looking forward to having our lives back whilst still being young. I dont mean to sound selfish. Hes also having a very hard time with work at the moment and has been ill, we are waiting to find out with what (something like Ulcerative colitis, stomach ulcer, iritable bowel disease)

I contacted BPAS (abortion clinic) on Tuesday and they dont have a consultation appt until next friday the 11th....and then if we go through with it it wont be until another week after. Ill be nearly 8.5 weeks......

Im so concerned I am actually further than I thought that I have arranged a private ultrasound for this afternoon.

I feel if we keep it it is going to affect other peoples lives in a negative way......my 8 year old daughter has adhd and im not sure she'd cope with a younger sibling. My sister has her first child- 7 months old and i think she'd feel angry i was having another and taking the attention off hers (he is first since my 8 year old daughter). My mother would 100% be not happy as she had my sisters baby one day a week and wouldnt have mine, and would worry I will ask.

I cant talk to friends as some are desperately trying, some want another but husbands dont, some have first babies under a year etc...

and the absolute worst thing is ...... I had an abortion 3.5 years ago. I am very ashamed to admit that and the fact that we are in this situation again.

IckleWicklePumperNickle Thu 03-Nov-16 14:52:29

No advice, but you need to do what feels right for you. Can't your DH get the snip so there is no more accidents? Hope all goes ok with the scan. Do update later.

user1478187907 Thu 03-Nov-16 15:50:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

user1478187907 Thu 03-Nov-16 15:52:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

manhowdy Thu 03-Nov-16 18:36:03

I think as long as you're under 9 weeks you can have a medical abortion with pills only, so you might just make it. The alternative is to book in somewhere privately and you could get the pills tomorrow.

That said, sod your mum and sister. Tough shit how they might feel and if you decide to keep it, I am sure you, hubby and kids would cope just fine smile

My sympathies. The MAP is pointless after you've ovulated and this is often not made clear by pharmacists when they sell it. If they warned women and advised them to go get the coil fitted instead, there would be a lot less unwanted pregnancies.

flowers

cantmakeme Thu 03-Nov-16 21:57:32

Don't want to alarm you, but I got preg after MAP and felt extra tired, had an odd period, and the pregnancy was ectopic. If you feel something might be wrong make sure you get it checked out so it doesn't become an emergency like mine did.

pinkcandyflossy Fri 04-Nov-16 16:46:44

You'll have a scan too when having the first stage of the medical termination.

Have the baby if you want it never mind your sister or whatever and the other child... well... this one will bring you as much joy I'm sure.

I've had 4 terminations in my life, one just 2 years ago but now I am pregnant (planned) and I'm very happy.

Having a termination is shaming, I found myself apologising to the staff at the ward when I was there as they all were perfectly politely nice but they did come across very disapproving sad

I am 5 weeks pregnant but have not told my parents as I think the same they will say well don't think we are looking after it etc etc but my friend said to me last night they have no right to say anything, it's nothing to do with them. My mum is a very jealous person and she always wanted a third child and didn't have one so I know how she'll react to me having my third, and it won't be with happiness sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now