Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vaginal prolapse in late pregnancy

(3 Posts)
PeanutButterIsYummy Thu 03-Nov-16 09:57:20

Hi. Please excuse the TMI information. I am currently 36 and a half weeks pregnant with my second child and I think I may be starting to develop a vaginal prolapse. I was doing some perineal massage this morning and found myself bleeding afterwards and there was a small lump hanging down between my vagina and my anus. Is this likely to cause complications with labour? I know I need to speak to the midwife and probably get her to have a look but it's awkward as I would have to take my 2-year old along to the appointment. Thanks for any advice.

Scotmum83 Thu 03-Nov-16 11:08:04

No experience of prolapse but could it be piles you've maybe irritated it doing the massage causing it to bleed. Best to get it checked out anyway.

PeanutButterIsYummy Thu 03-Nov-16 16:05:34

Thank you. The lump is out of my vagina rather than anus so that's why I suspect it's a prolapse rather than piles (sorry TMI). I did speak to the midwife earlier and she agreed to have a look at it tomorrow (oh the joys...) but I've had to make the appointment for Tuesday instead when DD is at nursery. She's advised me not to do any more massage in the meanwhile and go to maternity triage if the bleeding gets worse in the meanwhile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now