Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nearly 10 weeks don't feel pregnant is this normal?

(9 Posts)
bunni26 Thu 03-Nov-16 09:05:23

I'm nearly ten weeks and i don't feel 'pregnant' is this normal? I'm waiting to have my first scan..

AGBforever Thu 03-Nov-16 09:21:23

Yes - I had the same thing and panicked as I'd previously had a miscarriage at around 8 weeks. Apparently it's to do with the placenta/umbilical cord kicking in so baby is drawing sustenance from your body differently. Not 100% sure of the medical part but just reassure you that was exactly what it felt like and its fine. I went in for an early scan to be on the safe side tho cos I was totally freaking out. Best of luck!

bunni26 Thu 03-Nov-16 09:39:00

Ah really? Thank you! I haven't had a single scan so waiting for a letter from the hospital is taking forever

AGBforever Thu 03-Nov-16 09:45:40

Is there an Early Pregnancy Unit at your local hospital? If so just call them, explain you are worried and see if they can get you in for a check

amelie427 Thu 03-Nov-16 09:56:02

I felt exactly the same - my symptoms disappeared at around 9 weeks, so I had this really anxious 'I don't feel pregnant' feeling, until the first scan. Everything was totally fine, a very wriggly baby at the scan, all test results good, and I heard the heartbeat with the midwife the other day - I am now 16+5. Everyone is different, so just try to relax as much as you can. If you're worried you can get a private scan - I considered that, but decided not to as I thought it might set a precedent for the rest of the pregnancy, and might end up worrying more. That's just me though, so do what feels right for you. Good luck xx

Mozfan1 Thu 03-Nov-16 10:03:26

I didn't know I was pregnant until 20 weeks this time round (started getting a tummy) so yeah I had no clues when I was 10 weeks

sweetchilli77 Thu 03-Nov-16 11:07:55

I didn't feel pregnant at all, i had a cheeky private scan at 7.5 just to check it was real!!! it wasn't until I've got to about 13 week that realised i did feel a bit shitty cause now feel even better smile

I think we are some of the lucky ones

JosephineMaynard Thu 03-Nov-16 11:15:29

My first two pregnancies I had next to no symptoms other than missing periods, until I started to feel movements, so both times, the pregnancy didn't feel real to me until after the first scan.

Both pregnancies resulted in babies, who are out at school / nursery at the minute, so clearly they were very real.

AudreyBradshaw Thu 03-Nov-16 12:58:44

I never felt pregnant. Still don't, I'm only reminded when I try to get up in the morning and my 37 week gut renders me tortoising on my back. But honestly, I didn't properly believe I was pregnant until about a fortnight ago later on, despite 2 nhs scans and a private one at 26 weeks. Baby is tap dancing away on my bladder as I type, try not to worry, It will all feel real at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now