Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Overdue?

(124 Posts)
Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 01:28:18

I'm now 40+6. Anyone else in the overdue camp???

MiniLop Thu 03-Nov-16 01:40:36

Hey Gabby I was on your last thread! I'm 40+4 now, so fed up and uncomfortable sad
DS was 4 days early so I don't know why this one is taking so long!
I'm on a MN antenatal group and tbh starting to feel really upset every time someone else says they've gone into labour, especially if they were due after me!
How are you feeling? Have you been offered a sweep or induction soon?

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 02:13:39

Ugh I know. I know three women who have had a baby and they were all due after me! So that sucks. I'm going in for a sweep tomorrow and I'm so nervous.

Pluto30 Thu 03-Nov-16 02:19:27

No, but all of my previous three were overdue, so I'm sure this one will be. hmm

DS1 was 41+2
DS2 was 41+4
DD1 was 42+0

I'm getting induced this time if I get to 41 weeks. It's going to be the middle of summer (Australia) and I can't be assed getting to 42 weeks like last time.

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 02:30:11

Omg I feel for you!!!! I think If the sweep doesn't work they'll have me in early next week as they don't normally let you go 10 days over over here.

MiniLop Thu 03-Nov-16 02:45:29

My midwife said at my last appointment that she would give me a sweep on Friday (tomorrow) if I haven't had the baby by then. I don't think I want one though sad
Good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure it will be fine!

Pluto30 Thu 03-Nov-16 02:46:36

Good luck!! A sweep worked with one of mine (the first), but the other two were just too stubborn... still are hmm

Is this your first baby? smile

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 02:54:35

Yeah this is my first baby. Tbh I'm not expecting miracles because it seems like she doesn't want to come out at all. Like I'm barely having any signs of an imminent labour!

LolaStarr Thu 03-Nov-16 03:20:01

Don't be nervous for your sweep. I had the same due date as you, I had one last Thursday and it didn't hurt a bit, and I went into labour the following day. Keeping everything crossed it works for you!

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 03:28:30

Oh man I hope that happens with me Lola! But I'm showing barely any signs of labour!!!! But let's hope the sweep does something. I'm worried I'll get there and I'm not even a little bit dilated because I heard it works better once you're dilated.

LolaStarr Thu 03-Nov-16 03:31:38

Well this time I was having mild cramps for a day or so before my sweep, so I knew something was happening, but with ds1 I'd had no signs at all and when I went for a sweep I was already 2cm dilated. I went into labour the next day with him too smile

Dlah Thu 03-Nov-16 03:37:14

Gabby . . Sunday I was 40+4, had one failed sweep Tuesday before, completely closed.

Continued all week nothing, no signs etc - Sunday had a complete meltdown 'I just want her here now, she's going full 2 weeks nothing's even happening' all at 3.30 outside in pub car park before dinner. . Walked in and ordered food - boom 4pm started getting contractions when food arrived lol

So it can happen! I'd had no twinges, no signs, nothing - 4.32pm Monday (Halloween!) I gave birth to my little girl, who I'm currently sat looking at whilst still in hospital but still, she's here and I never thought she would be! It will change for you too x

Chuckaluck Thu 03-Nov-16 07:11:35

40+4 here too! Had a sweep on Monday but she couldn't even complete it as cervix was so posterior! No signs of labour and getting bored!! This is my second and DD was 40+6 so hoping I don't go beyond that but looking likely st the moment!!

Baz13 Thu 03-Nov-16 07:19:31

I'm 40+4 and so fed up, had a sweep on Tuesday and was 2-3 cm, midwife said my waters were bulging and she could feel baby's head moving as she was doing the sweep- I have been having contractions since then but they are not becoming frequent or intense, I've also had a bloody show but nothing else is happening - feel like my body is failing me sad

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 16:08:49

Well I just had my stretch and sweep. They told me my cervix is closed. I feel so sad right now.

Baz13 Thu 03-Nov-16 18:18:10

Don't worry Gabby, hopefully it will start something off. Have you been booked in for another one?

I'm still having contractions but it's just going no where - looks like a loooong early stage for me sad

Will they let you go 10 days overdue?

Kittenrush Thu 03-Nov-16 18:23:43

40+1 here, had a sweep on Tuesday. She could feel babies head but no joy so far, have another booked tomorrow. Trying to stay chilled. Pineapples and hot sauce for dinner

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 19:09:21

Well I have another sweep on Monday but I'm not feeling very hopeful to be honest.

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 19:10:02

Oh and they're letting me go to 12 days. My induction is booked for next Thursday.

Chuckaluck Thu 03-Nov-16 19:13:59

Gabby, that's rubbish. I went for a 45 minute walk today and had some tightenings and pain afterwards but it's amounted to nothing... Grr! I have another sweep booked for Monday but might see if I can go to the drop in midwife session over the weekend!

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 19:25:21

Yeah every time I do something active I get cramps and tightening and then it goes away. I know I've only got a week left but being induced doesn't make me happy at all. Lol

LolaStarr Thu 03-Nov-16 19:30:52

Gabby things can start happening really quickly, don't feel disheartened! A week will absolutely fly in even if nothing happens before then, you'll be cuddling your little one before you know it

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 20:04:37

I know you're right Lola. Just having a bit of a down day today I think.

LolaStarr Thu 03-Nov-16 21:02:47

Sending you a big un-mumsnetty hug xx

Gabby786 Thu 03-Nov-16 21:04:29

Thank you darling :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now