Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breech and C Section dates

(10 Posts)
Youngoldmum Wed 02-Nov-16 23:17:14

Hi everyone. I'm 35 weeks on Friday and baby is still breech, I feel like he/she is comfy there and unlikely to turn.
This is baby 2 for me, baby 1 was vaginal birth at 39+1.
Just wondering if I get offered a planned c section, are they likely to want to wait until 39 weeks - this makes me nervous as I went into labour at that stage with my first. Thanks ladies xx

seven201 Wed 02-Nov-16 23:22:30

Yes they'll probably book it in for 39 weeks. If you do have any labour signs you'll need to go in straight away and have an emcs. I really think they should have a different name for it because if it's early enough in your labour then it wouldn't be an emergency at all! How fast was your last labour? I suppose if it was very fast maybe you'd have a case for requesting an earlier date. I'm no expert by the way.

seven201 Wed 02-Nov-16 23:23:29

Also, still lots of time for it to move. Have you got a ecv booked in? Not that it worked for me!

Youngoldmum Wed 02-Nov-16 23:23:44

It was very slow! I guess I'm just being anxious as this is all new to me x

HappyCamel Wed 02-Nov-16 23:24:28

Yes, I had exactly the same situation. Had to go in twice for monitoring the week before my section because I had contractions. If I'd gone in to proper labour they'd have just done the c section then.

Youngoldmum Wed 02-Nov-16 23:24:33

Was going to say no to the ecv as I really don't think this one is for moving! Has been breech/transverse the whole time

HappyCamel Wed 02-Nov-16 23:25:06

May have cord round their neck. They did ECV and nearly killed DS.

Youngoldmum Wed 02-Nov-16 23:31:04

Eek that's scary Camel. I will be refusing that procedure for sure.
Just to add to the mix my blood pressure is creeping up, it went really high with DD towards the end. Fun! X

MamaMoose1 Tue 08-Nov-16 12:51:36

They let me go until 40+8 days with my daughter who was breech, I wanted to try for a breech birth, but she wasn't going to come naturally so had a c-section.

StubbleTurnips Tue 08-Nov-16 12:57:06

Watching with interest, we must be due around the same time. Baby2 is also breech, I've got a consultant appt next week to see what's going on.

Will also be refusing an ECV if offered, too risky for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now