Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stitch like pain at 36+6

(4 Posts)
duckyisback Wed 02-Nov-16 14:44:18

Am 36+6 weeks pregnant with dc3.

Have been running around all morning so not sure if it's to do with that but for the last 60/90 mins have had a bad stitch like pain low down on the right side of my bump.

Does anyone know if this should be checked out? Or am I being dramatic?

Not sure if things are starting, have lower back pain (this is how I started with dc2 as he was back to back) and very very mild period pain type cramping but I also have irritable uterus so could be to do with that.

Have been lying down for the past 20 mins or so, which seems to ease everything but am still getting the stitch pain and a slight dull lower back pain.

Managed to lie down as dc2 is having a nap but due to wake any min hmm

Jellybean91 Wed 02-Nov-16 15:20:59

I've been having a very similar pain whilst out walking my dog. It's exactly like a stitch and pretty much always on my right side of the bump. I'm 26+2 and been having the pain on and off for a few weeks. My midwife told me it's probably due to everything growing inside. I find that rest and eating a meal helps me.
I would talk to your midwife if possible, it might put your mind at ease.

LolaStarr Wed 02-Nov-16 15:26:15

It's probably nothing but if I were you I'd ring my midwife and get checked out. Better safe than sorry!

duckyisback Wed 02-Nov-16 16:12:52

Thanks for the replies.

The stitch has worn off again now, but still have the back ache. Will see what happens I suppose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now