Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Surprisingly pregnant and 38. Share how your pregnancy journey has been?

(8 Posts)
pinkcandyflossy Tue 01-Nov-16 17:40:05

Tested today and was surprised to be pregnant. Came off the pill only 2 months ago and wasn't paying attention to any dates for ovulation, wasn't having sex on particular dates etc.

Are there anyone in the same boat as me, age-wise? Is it the same as if we were younger? Are there any extra tests? Have you felt any differently this time in a negative (or positive) way? smile

Please share smile

LucieA79 Tue 01-Nov-16 17:53:24

I write a blog and wrote about me finding out here:

ourworldandautism.com/biggest-shock-ever/

LucieA79 Tue 01-Nov-16 17:53:51

P.s I'm 37 xx

pinkcandyflossy Tue 01-Nov-16 18:05:41

Thanks Lucie my that must have been a shock you being on the pill and everything! I can totally relate to most of that but one thing I am experiencing is nightmares or very vivid dreams! I even had an instance of sleep walking a few weeks back (for the first time - as far as I know lol) and have been experiencing weirdness with regards to smells, smells that have always been around the house like fabric softener I used to love now makes me go urgh!

needanewjob Tue 01-Nov-16 18:08:56

I've just had my 3rd child at 38. My pregnancy was very smooth apart from slight anaemia but that's not age related. Labour was quick and as easy as labour can be I suppose. The biggest difference you can make is to stay active throughout - it definitely helps with pregnancy, labour and your recovery afterwards. Biological age is only one factor, personal health is hugely important x

LucieA79 Tue 01-Nov-16 18:10:24

Most things make me go urgh!! I am so exhausted this time around and am feeling really old!!! Xx

catx1606 Tue 01-Nov-16 19:32:35

I'm 38, came off the pill in January and started trying in May, fell pregnant pretty much straight away which was a surprise. I thought it would take a good few months. I'm now 23+4. I've had a fee dizzy spells, but apart from that I've been fine. I try and stay as active as I can and try to carry on with normal.day to day things, I just take a couple more breaks than I used to

LondonRoo Wed 02-Nov-16 07:27:24

36 and pregnant here with first baby - no extra tests or anything.

Congratulations! Hope your pregnancy goes well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now