Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleach pregnancy test

(10 Posts)
Hippo12345 Tue 01-Nov-16 10:15:36

Hi I have PCOS, and the pregnancy test aren't bringing any luck although I have a lot of pregnancy symptoms. so I tried the bleach pregnancy test to see if it works. The nurse at the hospital mentioned it works great with polycystic ovarian syndrome.

Can anyone advice if it's a positive or negative?

Thanks in advance xx

mrschatty Tue 01-Nov-16 10:18:02

Never heard of this I'm watching with interest good luck op

Hedgehog80 Tue 01-Nov-16 10:19:28

Never heard of this and I have pcos

Surely if a test isnt working the best thing is to have a hcg blood test at the GP?

smEGGtoplasm Tue 01-Nov-16 10:22:40

Never heard of this.

Googling says that if it foams up a lot, you're pregnant.

Ever the cynic, I would just go to the gp.

Never heard of it so I googled. As above it says if it froths up its to indicate pregnancy.
Probably worth getting a blood test to find out

CinderellaFant Tue 01-Nov-16 10:27:11

I've never heard of this.

AuntieStella Tue 01-Nov-16 10:28:29

It might be worth asking in the 'Conception' topic, as that's where you're most likely to find posters with lots of knowledge and experience

divadee Tue 01-Nov-16 15:19:07

Call me a big cynic but think it's a load of rubbish. When I wasn't pregnant if I had bleached the loo and forgotten and went to pee it would foam up loads. It's just a chemical reaction between pee and bleach.

Go and get a blood test from the GP.

Mkw9518 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:13:33

I saw this post earlier and I've just done it, mine went really fizzy and frothy and almost spilled over the glass, but my fiancée did it and his barely frothed, we're hoping I'm pregnant so this was really weird haha
I think if a nurse says it's a good method then you should be able to trust her that it will most likely be right!

DipsyLaLa22 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:18:52

I'm a HCP and have never heard of this. I don't see why PCOS would change the result of a pregnancy test? If you are pregnant, your placenta will produce HCG irrelevant of PCOS?

Just for info, a lot of areas no longer do blood pregnancy tests as they are expensive and urine ones (especially early morning urine) are just as sensitive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now