Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it just me??

(8 Posts)
LucieA79 Tue 01-Nov-16 08:45:11

I'm 12 weeks today. People keep telling me how huge I look!! I do have a considerable sized bump. Due to nausea/sickness the weight is dropping off me everywhere else. The amount of people that have said "OMG you're huge!!!" Or "there must be more than one in there" Yeah thanks!! Now I'm getting paranoid that I'll go for my scan a week today to be told I'm having twins!! I'm 37 so my age would go in my favour! Anyone else show really early with number 3? I've been in maternity clothes since 7 weeks! confused

DoublePumpkin Tue 01-Nov-16 08:54:48

I was huge in both pregnancies and often got the oh-so-hilarious 'are you sure you're just having the one?' comments.

On my second pregnancy especially, I had a very obvious bump from about seven weeks. Everyone at work guessed. By the time I came clean about the news after my 12 week scan absolutely no one was surprised.

I'm quite petite and slim normally though and have massive babies, so pregnancy shows up really obviously on me.

LucieA79 Tue 01-Nov-16 09:02:52

I'm 5ft 11 and generally fairly slim. Xx

McBaby Tue 01-Nov-16 09:10:30

Yes no 3 here and have been in maternity jeans since 9 weeks. I would have worn them earlier but I was freaking out after a mmc earlier this year. Currently 13 weeks and by the end of the day look about 6 months!!

MrsPotatoHead80 Tue 01-Nov-16 09:38:27

Thank goodness you've said this as I was starting to panic there was something wrong with me as I'm only 7+4 (2nd DC) but by the end of the day I'm flipping huge. I thought I might be imagining it but got offered a seat on the train home the other day shock
I've had to buy maternity jeans & bras already. I think once I found out I was pregnant by stomach muscles just gave up.

rachelamy Tue 01-Nov-16 11:12:45

don't worry i was the exact same! by about 10 weeks even strangers were noticing my bump.

people commenting used to make me so angry. you really have to just try and ignore them. im 25 weeks now and the comments have just about stopped now

SeventeenRainbeaus Tue 01-Nov-16 13:07:49

With my first I didn't really have a small bump until about 16-20-ish weeks I think. Now pregnant with my second and had a small bump around 12-ish weeks. First baby or not it's different for every woman. It feels like I've had a bump for the whole duration of this pregnancy, currently 28wks. I got paranoid too but all is fine and had bump measured. I'm still worried he's going to be a big boy as my partner is quite big built and they say subsequent babies are bigger! (don't understand the science behind that though) My first was early and a nice weight. confused

LucieA79 Tue 01-Nov-16 13:15:26

This is my bump. I've lost 21lbs so far from being so ill. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now