Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby number 3 at 37 and feeling it!

(10 Posts)
LucieA79 Mon 31-Oct-16 17:45:59

I'm 37 and 12 weeks pregnant. I have 2 kids... my eldest will be 14 next week and my youngest is 10. This was not a planned pregnancy but now over the shock it is very much wanted and already very loved. 2 years ago I had ovarian cysts and was diagnosed with Endometriosis. So I was put on the pill. Never missed one either! Bang.... pregnant!! shock This bubba is obviously meant to be.
I had no morning sickness with either of my previous pregnancies but this time.... my God!! I can't function. I am exhausted constantly. I feel sick constantly. I've thrown up a few times. I'm hardly eating and have lost over a stone. I feel dreadful! Feeling proper old this time round!! Really looking forward to this bit passing. I want to enjoy what will DEFINITELY be my last pregnancy. At the moment that's impossible! Just needed a rant!!

barleyteddy Mon 31-Oct-16 20:24:30

Hi I'm also pregnant with number 3 and am finding it hard going! I'm a little older than you and have a 6 year old and 3 year old...and work full time....so all the nausea, vomiting and general exhaustion is hard! This pregnancy is definitely more difficult but not sure if just because I'm older and have a busy life?! Hope you start to feel a bit better soon!

LucieA79 Mon 31-Oct-16 20:26:52

Thank you!! You too!! I work part time and find that a struggle! Hats off to you xx

Theknittinggorilla Mon 31-Oct-16 20:33:19

Feeling the same - I'm nearly 37, 15 weeks with no 3 and have a 4 year old and 20 month old. Beyond exhausted! Sickness has eased a bit so hopefully you'll feel better soon. It's knackering though. I'm finishing work at 29 weeks for my survival, counting the days!

LucieA79 Mon 31-Oct-16 20:56:53

I can't bloody wait to stop working. I only do 16 hours but it's wiping me out!!! Xx

paperandpaint Mon 31-Oct-16 20:57:38

I'm 42 and having my third! My eldest will be 16 when this little one is born. Eek! I'm definitely feeling it. It all seemed so easy at 26!

LucieA79 Mon 31-Oct-16 21:01:25

I was 23 when I had my 1st. 26 with second and will be 38 once this one arrives. Was definitely easier before lol!! Xx

Reindeerlily Mon 31-Oct-16 21:06:02

Everything will be fine. I was your age with the same age children too (spooky!!) my youngest is 1 now and the older children are great helps. Good luck.

TheTartOfAsgard Mon 31-Oct-16 21:09:45

I'm in the same boat. 35, 9+ weeks with 3rd baby, dd age 13 and ds aged 12. Working full time and suffering hugely. I work shifts of either 7am to 5pm or 12pm to 10pm 6 days a week and I'm exhausted. I have an all day sickness feeling but without throwing up, my tits feel like they're being squeezed in a vice and I have more spots than I did when I was a teenager.
I'm supposed to be blooming! All I want to do is hibernate until I can go on maternity leave.

LucieA79 Mon 31-Oct-16 21:19:18

I'm so with you on the Tits and zits smile it's bloody awful isn't it. I look massive too and although I've lost weight everyone is commenting on how bloody massive I look and am I having twins!!! angry pisses me off!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now