Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this positive, please help

(10 Posts)
Sunshineeyes Mon 31-Oct-16 09:19:55

Hi all. This is my first ever post and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I ovulated on October 18 and had sex 14/17/19. My periods have been irregular since I came off the pill in July.
I have been using an app and it calculated that I should test yesterday so I did but it was negative- I woke at 5 am this morning and did this one and I thought was negative. I jumped in the shower and pottered about for probably 30 mins before going back to throw away and I saw this line! Could it be an evaporation line? I'm so confused, I want it to be +. May be worth mentioning that I feel like AF is going to arrive although have low back pain which I don't believe I usually get. Also can't figure out how to post the picture of test. The line is almost invisible! If anyone could guide me on how to get a pic up please.

SamhainSoubriquet Mon 31-Oct-16 09:21:25

If it didn't come up within the first 3 minutes, assume it's a negative until you're late.

Inthenick Mon 31-Oct-16 09:23:46

You need to retest. Consider that one void until you get a positive within the correct time frame.

Good luck!

Becciilouisex3 Mon 31-Oct-16 11:54:22

The test will have a timeframe (in the instructions) and the line needs to appear within that to be valid.

Retest in the morning when your pee is more concentrated smile

Sunshineeyes Mon 31-Oct-16 19:50:08

Ok so I went a bought 4 clear blue digital and I have gotten a BFP! Can't believe it. So happy. Got a newborn vest printed for DH and put in gift bag with the test. Have now also been to the doctor this evening and have appt with midwife!!! Aghhhhhh!! Omg! I am going to be a mother- what do I do now!!! 😜😜😜

thecatsarecrazy Mon 31-Oct-16 22:35:21

Midwife so soon? They don't normally want to see you until your about 8 weeks

Inthenick Mon 31-Oct-16 22:37:03

I think what thecats meant to say was CONGRATULATIONS! Exciting times.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 31-Oct-16 22:40:49

Omg! I am going to be a mother- what do I do now!!!

Same as the rest of us - blag it, wing it, make it up as we go along, guess... and hope our kids don't end up in therapy grin

Congratulations OP!

Sunshineeyes Mon 31-Oct-16 22:59:43

Thanks for your responses. Thecatsarecrazy- I have an auto immune disease and thyroid problems as well so I need to have bloods checked every 6 weeks etc so I am seeing the midwife in 11 days to go through medications/advice etc.

rhodes2015 Tue 01-Nov-16 06:35:42

Congratulations sunshine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now