Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Intense pain at 23 weeks

(5 Posts)
BlueorPinkribbons Sun 30-Oct-16 14:17:28

Hi everyone!

So I've got no idea what to think with this one and would like to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this. I'm a first time mum and I'm 23 weeks, I just finished eating a sandwich and got what felt like mild period cramps within a minute these cramps became so painful I was rolling around in absolute agony and crying. I became hot and sweaty, but 4ish minutes later all the pain had gone completely. And now my little one is kicking away as normal. Anyone have any experience or any idea what this could have been?
The pain was my abdominal and bump area and my lower back.

tinkywinkyslover Sun 30-Oct-16 14:21:11

I had this and I think it was my sigmoid colon as I was getting increasingly constipated as time went on!

BlueorPinkribbons Sun 30-Oct-16 14:27:32

What was done to make this better or did it just go away on its own, and did you deliver normally? Worried my little one is gonna come early now.

tinkywinkyslover Mon 31-Oct-16 17:36:46

It just went away on its own. I think it happened when baby was resting on that area and it hurt so much I doubled over. It started to happen past the 5 months mark but I wasn't scared even though it hurt -- normally I'm paranoid, but I think my instincts said it wasn't dangerous. However you should still explain your symptoms to your midwife so they can check. I had my dd at 39+5.

tinkywinkyslover Mon 31-Oct-16 17:40:26

Oh I had a normal water birth. Ask for lactulose --- it improves constipation which I felt was related to the pain.

I also suspected it could have been a nerve when baby got bigger. It's so hard to tell really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now