Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have/had complete placenta previa?

(3 Posts)
RubyRouge28 Sun 30-Oct-16 12:02:03

Just wondering if anyone else has had or has a total placenta previa?

Mine was diagnosed at my 20 week scan and I'm waiting for a follow up scan at 36 weeks to see if it's moved. Just wondered if anyone else has had a complete previa that has moved and been able to have a normal delivery?

MrsLen Sun 30-Oct-16 14:24:02

Hi Ruby, I was also diagnosed at 20 weeks and put under consultant care with scans every two weeks from 32 weeks.

At my 38 week scan the placenta had moved enough so my section was cancelled and now I'm just waiting on LO to arrive. 9 days until due date and I've been told all looks well for normal delivery (if there is such a thing).

There is nothing you can do but wait and you might also be lucky and your placenta will move. It took mine 18 weeks to get to 3.2 but it is possible.

Good luck xx

RubyRouge28 Mon 31-Oct-16 11:00:10

Hi there - thanks for replying.

Glad to hear yours has moved enough for them to cancel your section. I've been told by quite a few different doctors and midwifes that it's unlikely for a complete previa to move enough to attempt a 'normal' delivery, so it's nice to hear that it can happen!

I haven't been offered anymore scans since my last 20 week one, so I might ask the midwife next time if it's possible for them to check before 36 weeks. I'm actually not too far off now really but it would be nice to have some sort of idea what's going on. At least if it hasn't budged, I can get myself geared up for the c section, and if it has, ask about the midwife led unit that I originally would have liked.

Good luck with your little one too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now