Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dressing Gown for Hospital

(22 Posts)
bumblebee86 Sat 29-Oct-16 22:17:59

Hi,
I want a thin jersey kind of dressing gown for hospital, preferably a dark coloured one. All I can find in shops atm are warm flufffy ones. Has anyone found one?

moggle Sat 29-Oct-16 22:25:07

I had a white waffle type light cotton jersey one which I dyed dark purple for this very reason! Worked fine and great for home use too in the first month or so - though DD was born in November I always had terrible sweats while bfing.
Actually looks like M&S still sell them - here
The threads will stay white as it's polyester but the fabric all takes dylon.

Sausagema Sun 30-Oct-16 00:51:39

I got one in matalan the other day, navy with white spots. And cheap. A fluffy dressing gown in hospital sounds awful!

hopeful31yrs Sun 30-Oct-16 05:56:23

Second recommendation for m&s. I went for something similar a few months ago.

YoJesse Sun 30-Oct-16 06:10:44

Tk Max have really nice, thin dressing gowns all year round.

newroundhere Sun 30-Oct-16 06:38:55

I spent ages looking for one and got one in mothercare in the end. Even though I was looking in the summer, EVERYTHING was light coloured and not at all appropriate..

welshweasel Sun 30-Oct-16 06:50:12

I got one from the white company. Black, thin jersey material, very long, perfect for in the hospital but have worn all summer too. Not cheap though.

Beachbaby1 Sun 30-Oct-16 06:50:19

http://m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0426877001.html

I had the same struggle in the shops but found the above online last night.

fruityb Sun 30-Oct-16 06:59:22

I got a thin jersey one from mothercare which is navy blue. Still wear it now!

Fizzyjo Sun 30-Oct-16 07:21:15

Stupid question but apart from the normal reason of wearing a dressing gown to cover up - what do you need it for in hospital. I have an old waffle one I planned to take which is a shorter style and light pink. Reading above I'm unsure whether it will be suitable. Do I need a dark one? I planned to bin it after anyway. Thanks.
I feel totally clueless as to what nightie/PJ etc I'm meant to have and why haha.

BikeRunSki Sun 30-Oct-16 07:36:30

Dark colour is useful to disguise any blood leakage fizzy. But maternity wards are the hottest places on earth and I could not bear to wear to dressing gown.

GreenGoblin0 Sun 30-Oct-16 07:43:49

I got a purple waffle one from m&s. I do recall finding it difficult to find one that wasn't fluffy though!

Aliveinwanderland Sun 30-Oct-16 07:44:38

I had a thin grey one from Sainsburies a few weeks ago.

SquirrelPaws Sun 30-Oct-16 07:53:33

I had a mid-blue one from Mothercare and two pairs of extra cheap pyjama bottoms from Asda. They didn't get much wear, tbh, as I felt better for getting dressed every morning. What was supremely useful was two fluffy dressing gowns for night feeds once we were home. I got puked on so much I needed one to wash and one to wear.

Lucked Sun 30-Oct-16 07:57:42

in navy

StorminaBcup Sun 30-Oct-16 07:58:46

Check Peacocks or New look; I bought a black, knee length, jersey one from peacocks that was perfect for the baking-heat of the maternity ward. Plus it was cheap so I wasn't bothered if it needed to be binned.

GrappaTR Mon 21-Nov-16 13:56:36

You should check out Verry Kerry. Really stunning gowns, bit on the pricey side but they are truly fab. I have the Geisha one, which is organic cotton, but there are many in different materials. Bamboo is intriguing.
www.verrykerry.com/women/kimono-dressing-gowns.html

ohidoliketobe Mon 21-Nov-16 14:01:41

I got one from peacocks. Not a.maternity just normal one. Struggled to find a dark one but the idea up thread of dying a light coloured one is genius

bonzo77 Mon 21-Nov-16 14:15:04

Are you sure you need one? Maternity wards are hot. And I would worry about dropping the back of it or the belt in the minging toilet. Also they don't always feel that secure when done up. I wore cheap (dark) PJ bottoms after all 3 of mine. Whatever fits now will be fine. Mine were all CS and they were no trouble at all on my scar or to pull up. Also when you get blood on them they take up less space in the machine, dry faster and cheaper so you can have spare(s).

rachloux Mon 21-Nov-16 14:51:14

Asos have a lot of thinner ones smile

MrBloomIsActuallyAttractive Mon 21-Nov-16 21:38:05

I got a black thin one from peacocks smile

Alorsmum Mon 21-Nov-16 21:39:46

I used a long maternity cardigan with a dressing gown tie. Definitely needed one. PJs didn't quite feel covered up enough when ward full of random visitors and you're bleeding very heavily with massive leaky boobs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now