Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Experiences of Ectopic please

(7 Posts)
Fuzyfelt23 Sat 29-Oct-16 14:52:48

I was admitted to hospital a few days ago with an ectopic pregnancy, my falopian tube ruptured and they operated and removed it and the pregnancy. It was my first pregnancy, just wanted to hear about other peoples experiences and trying to conceive again in the future!

CupofTeaTime Sat 29-Oct-16 15:04:34

Not me but my SIL had an ectopic and had a tube removed. Once they decided to conceive she came off the pill and was pregnant first cycle!

Minispringroll Sat 29-Oct-16 19:48:51

Sorry that you are going through this. It's horrible and must have been incredibly scary when your tube ruptured. flowers
I've had two ectopic pregnancies. The first one resolved itself and I didn't need any intervention.
With the second one, I was admitted to hospital and had it removed via a laparoscopy. Consultant was worried that the tube would rupture and they admitted me very quickly. They did consider removing the tube, had my other tube been ok. It wasn't, so they simply cleared both and were hoping for the best. It did get picked up quite early on, though, because the GP I saw decided it would be better to be safe than sorry and sent me off to hospital for an emergency scan as soon as he knew I'd had a previous ectopic pregnancy.
We didn't really try after that for quite a while. I simply needed some time. I then had a second lap about six months later, which was part of our fertility treatment. They put dye through my tubes to check them. (One was blocked again, other one was ok...but that one was the one where they had removed my ectopic.) I fell pregnant the first cycle after that operation and I'm now 34 weeks with what appears to be a very healthy pregnancy.

Oysterbabe Sat 29-Oct-16 21:52:39

My sister and my mum had ectopics for their first pregnancies and had tubes removed. My mum went on to have 4 children and my sister had 2. Neither had any issues conceiving.
Good luck! flowers

Nikki2ol6 Sun 30-Oct-16 11:10:22

I got pregnant 3 months after mine and he's 20 months old now

Thetwinmummy Mon 31-Oct-16 19:28:36

Hi there. I had an ectopic pregnancy back in March. It took over 5 weeks for the hospital to find the ectopic once they found it i was kept in hospital over night and had the operation early the next morning. They send me home the same day. I was given a leaflet and sent on my way. I havr PCOS so I don't get regular periods. The leaflet told us to wait a couple of months or for my first period. I had my first natural period 6 weeks later and started to take Clomid on day 2. I'm now 24 pregrenet with twin girls who are currently kicking my tummy as I'm writing this. Good luck

celebrityskin Mon 31-Oct-16 19:33:38

Hope you're recovering okay. It's only natural to have doubts about fertility but to reassure you another positive story here. I had surgery on an ectopic and went on to have two successful pregnancies after. I tried 5 months with the first and 8 months with the second.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now