Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this a positive result?

(27 Posts)
Sailhome Sat 29-Oct-16 14:20:02

Looks so faint, I can't tell!

Barnes79 Sat 29-Oct-16 14:25:58

If a positive is two vertical lines, I'd say defo positive.

INeedNewShoes Sat 29-Oct-16 14:28:24

If that looks faint to you I'd advise a visit to the opticians wink

Sailhome Sat 29-Oct-16 14:29:46

Two vertical lines is positive - I can see both lines but one is so much fainter than the other confused

Nishky Sat 29-Oct-16 14:30:04

That is not a faint line. I would say definitely positive

DailyMailPenisPieces Sat 29-Oct-16 14:32:28

OP grin. Second the optician visit.

Short of a baby appearing in the window and waving, I think that's as good as you'll get!

Sailhome Sat 29-Oct-16 14:35:12

Ha ha ah thanks everyone, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going made before telling my partner smileblush

Aeroflotgirl Sat 29-Oct-16 15:06:35

Yes it is a definite line, the pregnancy line, tend to be fainter than the control line.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Sat 29-Oct-16 15:24:40

Aww congratulations!!
When did your last period start?! We will probably be due around the same time smile xx

Caramelcreme Sat 29-Oct-16 15:30:50

These posts are getting ridiculous. That's quite clearly a line.

Sailhome Sat 29-Oct-16 15:33:37

Yes I can see there's a line, I was asking if it was a positive result because it's so much fainter than the other line. It's my first pregnancy test, really no need to be rude.

INeedNewShoes Sat 29-Oct-16 15:34:18

It would be a little more genuine if people would just post a thread saying 'I just got a positive test and I'm really excited!'

but excitement makes people do funny things!

Sailhome Sat 29-Oct-16 15:35:34

Wow how unkind

Littlemisssugarplum88 Sat 29-Oct-16 15:36:04

My DP was convinced my test was negative with a faint line.
I used a clearblue digital and it came up with pregnant on it and I still wasn't sure whether I was pregnant or not lol!
Don't apologise for asking lovely, we all need reassurance xx

INeedNewShoes Sat 29-Oct-16 15:36:41

Cross post. The instructions in the box will say that any line appearing means a positive. If you look, there sound be a picture on the leaflet of a fainter test line next to a stronger control line with the words 'positive result' or something to that effect next to them.

Always useful to read the instructions cos different brands of test have different instructions re how long to hold them in wee for etc.

BastardGoDarkly Sat 29-Oct-16 15:37:58

Alright people!? Don't click on test threads if it gives you the arse?!

Congratulations op! flowers

Sailhome Sat 29-Oct-16 15:38:05

Thanks Littlemisssugarplum! I'm just very new to this! My last period started September 22nd, you?

Sailhome Sat 29-Oct-16 15:40:31

Ah thanks smile

Littlemisssugarplum88 Sat 29-Oct-16 15:44:21

Me too smile I'm finding it all overwhelming too and it's hard to believe it when you actually see a positive test lol.
Mine was 30th sept so you're a little ahead of me. You've done well to put testing off, I tested 3 days ago for my positive lol xx

raviolidreaming Sat 29-Oct-16 15:47:10

My DP was convinced my test was negative with a faint line

Mine thought it was negative because the instructions said to wait 2 minutes but the line came up straight away! grin

Littlemisssugarplum88 Sat 29-Oct-16 15:49:08

He thought because it wasn't the same as the other line that this was a negative. He had me starting to doubt myself lol xx

memyselfandaye Sat 29-Oct-16 15:50:20

The second line is'nt supposed to be as thick and dark as the 1st line.

So on those type of tests, 2 vertical lines, no matter how faint, is a positive, there would not even be a hint of a 2nd line if it was negative.

Congratulations.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Sat 29-Oct-16 15:51:27

Yeahh I know, typical man though lol! Even showed him the digital one that said pregnant on it and he still wasn't sure haha. Xx

JustSpeakSense Sat 29-Oct-16 15:53:29

A faint line is still a line! Congratulations! flowers

Sailhome Sat 29-Oct-16 15:59:02

Ha ha Ye I've never seen a positive test before (or a negative test!) so I thought I'd better check with some other mums to be! Aw lovely sugarplum, I had absolutely no idea at all - it hadn't even crossed my mind I may be pregnant! I've just been promoted at work to a very senior role and I figured it was stress holding up my period ha ha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now