Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Awful sickness 😔😔

(10 Posts)
Sweetpea86 Fri 28-Oct-16 14:36:29

Hi ladies.

I'm 10 weeks 6 days with my second child. My first pregnancy was horrid with serve sickness bad nausea all the way through. I even remember my waters breaking and before I could ring any one I had to go and be sick.

It's not as bad this time but in other ways it's worse. I've got tears rolling down my face as I'm typing I'm so down.

Last time I was on medication but I remember it knocking me out and feeling exhausted like never before.

Nothing is helping my lips are chapped because of being sick and probs being a little dehydrated ( I keep sipping water all day long)

I'm at the point in preying it gone in a few weeks but dreading and not looking forward to any thing. My poor little boy is 2 and half and I've got no patience I feel like I'm a terrible mother.

My husband is really supportive but is having to work really long hours so I'm stuffing to cope and at work they aren't really bothered about me feeling ill.

I'm not even asking any thing I think I just needed to write down how I'm feeling 😔 Life feels pretty miserable at the moment xx

summerskittles91 Fri 28-Oct-16 15:10:02

Sweetpea86 sending flowers and cake

I really hope you feel better soon, it's tough when it all gets on top of you and I know the sickness isn't pleasant at all. Take some time to yourself to relax, can your husband watch your son whilst you run yourself a bath and relax?

The sickness has definitely put a downer on my pregnancy - nearly 18 weeks. It's made getting out of bed difficult some days sad but I've felt ok at times when I've been able to rest and have some time to myself.

I really hope you feel better soon! x

hopedust Fri 28-Oct-16 15:23:11

I'm sorry you are feeling like this and can identify with you. I'm 11 weeks and 3 days and was feeling sick plus vomiting. what medication did you use last time? the one that was prescribed for me is called Metoclopramide Hydrochloride. This helped a lot and did not knock me out. Luckily I no longer feel sick except occasionally but I have other symptoms which are also getting me down.
I really hope you feel better soon. x

Sweetpea86 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:11:00

Thank ladies sorry your feeling same way.
Hopedust I was giving last time cyclizine hydrochloride I just remember sleeping all the time as could barely keep my eyes open. Maybe I should go to docs see if I could try something else. Last time they didn't help much either. I was so hoping for a lovely pregnancy this time around now it's just miserable I feel awful saying it but I feel so low

oldlaundbooth Fri 28-Oct-16 19:21:03

Is it HG?

If so there's a really helpful thread on here.....

oldlaundbooth Fri 28-Oct-16 19:21:56

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2751372-Hyperemesis-Support

Sweetpea86 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:38:34

Thanks oldlaundbooth,

I don't think it's hg as I can keep food down and drink but I will look on the thread thanks for your help x

SarahOoo Fri 28-Oct-16 22:40:13

I've been pretty much the same and I'm 16 weeks, I've cried a lot. I've peed myself, twice through the force of heaving (I hope that makes you giggle as it did me), I vomited twice but the second time the previous vomit came back into my face (this was all while we were waiting for the results of a CVS). My lips are so dry too, as is my mouth during the night. I've found that blister intense moisturiser is the best. I have the crazy smell issue, I don't use my nail polish, hair serum and my Elvive conditioner makes me heave in the shower. I had an awful taste in my mouth for about 6 weeks, I ate so many mint imperials I'm surprised my teeth didn't fall out! I am feeling a little better now (although threw up twice today). My sister keeps telling me it gets better so please cling on to that!

Sweetpea86 Sat 29-Oct-16 10:50:53

Thanks Sarah. Oh yes I know all to well about peeing my self with vomiting lol this didn't happen till the end of my 1st pregnancy now. I have to sit on the holier and throw up in a bucket lol us women deserve more than this lol thanks for support ladies xx

hopedust Tue 01-Nov-16 08:55:46

Sweetpea I was also given cyclizine in one of my pregnancies that sadly ended in miscarriage. The tablet knocked me out too, I only took it once because of this. The one I'm taking now did not have that effect and did work.
You are so right when you say us women deserve more then this. I've just hit the 12 week mark today and hoping that the symptom that I am struggling with most (extreme hunger, no apeptite) starts to fade. So far I've found pregnancy to be very tough both physically and emotionally.
Really hope you feel better soon. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now