Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else seen the perinatal mental health team?

(1 Post)
UnoriginalNN Fri 28-Oct-16 14:16:43

Did it have any bearing on what happened after the birth/or will it?

Background - I had PND in the form of awful health anxiety after DD and so this time have been referred to the perinatal mental health team as I seem to be worse when I'm pregnant - I worry excessively to point it lightly. I have seen my CPN once and I'm seeing her again next week - she's lovely - and I've always been really honest with the fact that my anxiety isn't based around my DD (in fact I have perfect clarity there, go figure) or being a bad parent etc etc... I just worry about getting this baby here safely and my health (I have GD yay).

I am a bit worried that I will be kept in the postnatal ward longer or something after the birth, and that would be hell. When do the perinatal team sign you off? I will ask her all these questions next week, but in true 'me' style, I am worrying and thinking about it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now