Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Flu jab/whooping cough jab

(16 Posts)
lostoldlogin2 Tue 25-Oct-16 21:41:16

I am in Spain and I have just been told I should have these - is that the same in the UK? and could you please reassure me if you have had it done that it is all OK?

Please - no antivaxxers. I vaccinated my son and will vaccinate this one too and intend to have the vaccine - but I just want some reassurance as I have not had a vaccine myself for a long time and when I was pregnant with my son it wasn't suggested.

MrEBear Tue 25-Oct-16 21:42:41

Yes both are recommended in the UK.

dementedpixie Tue 25-Oct-16 21:43:11

Yes it's also recommended in the U.K. Wasn't when I was pregnant so didn't have them

Orangedaisy Tue 25-Oct-16 21:43:19

Yes, standard in U.K.. just had mine for DC2, had them both for DD1, no dramas.

katiegg Tue 25-Oct-16 21:45:07

Both are recommended in the UK. I had both during my first pregnancy, no problems with either. Felt a bit rough for a day or two after the whooping cough one but may have been the beginnings of a cold.

I've had the whooping cough vaccine in this pregnancy and am making an appointment to get flu vaccine tomorrow.

lostoldlogin2 Tue 25-Oct-16 21:46:38

ok thank you. having the flu one on friday and whooping cough on the 15th

RaeSkywalker Tue 25-Oct-16 21:47:45

As others have said, both are recommended here. I've had both without hesitation (I'm 36+2).

RaeSkywalker Tue 25-Oct-16 21:48:34

Sorry, cross posted OP. Glad you're booked in.

Squtternutbosch Tue 25-Oct-16 21:58:58

I'm elsewhere in Europe but also had the flu jab recently at around 38 weeks (not whooping cough as already had it and still covered). No problems, and all totally routine.

Hope that puts your mind at rest OP smile

BabyBumpHopeful Wed 26-Oct-16 03:48:55

Recommended in the US as well so I've had mine smile

raviolidreaming Wed 26-Oct-16 11:34:32

I had both of mine last month on the same day - one in each arm. Only issue was getting to sleep that night as they were both a bit sore!

manhowdy Wed 26-Oct-16 13:47:38

I had mine one Monday (both on the same day). Bit of a sore arm from the whopping cough one but absolutely no ill effects or fatigue. Baby moving fine afterwards.

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 26-Oct-16 14:08:14

Yes me too - already had flu jab (around 18 weeks), and recommended I have whooping cough at 28 weeks.

DorotheaHomeAlone Wed 26-Oct-16 16:06:53

Squater whooping cough isgiven here during pregnancy to pass immunity to the baby regardless of whether you've had it or not. I've had it twice in two years for two pregnancies!

PeachBellini123 Thu 27-Oct-16 04:20:30

Had both mine done on Monday. Arm with WC vaccine was a bit sore but paracetamol helped. Baby has been kicking away as normal smile

lostoldlogin2 Fri 28-Oct-16 20:19:24

Gah. Had the flu one booked for today but have rotten cold so have to postpone angry next week! Luckily my doctor is great and just said to come and knock on the door any time between 10-13:00 Monday to Friday when I feel better and have a free moment and the nurse will do it for me. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now