Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First Scan - consultant

(4 Posts)
user1477396871 Tue 25-Oct-16 13:09:23

Hi Ladies

I'm new to this so apologies if I'm duplicating a thread.

When I went to my booking in appointment with the midwife, she told me that she would refer me to the hematologist when I go for my first scan, due to my pernicious anemia. I have had this for years, it isn't something I've developed through pregnancy.

My question is, has anybody else experienced this. Is it something I should worry about?

x

AmyG87 Wed 26-Oct-16 14:34:49

Can anybody advise?

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 26-Oct-16 15:43:49

I'm sure the doctor will be able to answer your questions? Midwives are quick to refer to a consultant if there is something less than straightforward - but there is no reason they won't fill you in fully with any effects your condition may have on the pregnancy.

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 26-Oct-16 15:45:49

A quick google gives you a couple of indications of what they may be concerned about www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anaemia-vitamin-B12-and-folate-deficiency/Pages/Complications.aspx.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now