Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Piercings

(12 Posts)
Dlah Tue 25-Oct-16 09:44:19

I have a Tragus piercing - the little bit on side of head in ear. I have a hoop/ball fitted but it's one that can only be taken out with a utensil at piercing shop.

Anyone know if I'll be expected to remove this before birth? Due tomorrow!

Purplefairy21 Tue 25-Oct-16 09:56:44

Probably not is my experience, think they asked me to remove my belly bar just in case. The rest didn't really get mentioned. (I have several in ears and face)

Kittenrush Tue 25-Oct-16 10:19:56

Unless you're built differently than the rest of us and have ears located somewhere close to your nether regions I reckon you'll be alright grin xx

Dlah Tue 25-Oct-16 10:38:47

Lol thanks Kitten!

I was more thinking along lines of incase ended up with CS - would they want it all out!

TerriB84 Tue 25-Oct-16 11:07:30

You may have to take it out if you need a CS. I've not had one myself (currently 29 weeks with first DC) but I have had abdominal surgery in the past and I had to remove all jewellery and piercings. I had my tongue pierced at the time and it closed up in the time it took to perform the surgery. Hopefully someone who's had a CS will be along to confirm either way.

Kel1234 Tue 25-Oct-16 11:21:35

Id say you'll be alright. I have 2 lobe piercings and 2 cartilage piercings and left them in.

freewheezy Tue 25-Oct-16 11:41:51

I had a CS 4 months ago and had to take out all piercings. I had a lip piercing that needs to be taken out by someone else. In the end they gave me some plier things and me and dp had to do it ourselves. I would recommend taking it out if you can just in case. Although with an emergency CS I'm not sure what they could do if you can't get it out. Mine was an 'emergency' but I had a few hours to wait as I wasn't in labour.

Kittenrush Tue 25-Oct-16 16:28:57

I think it depends on the hospital to be honest. In ours we just stick a bit of tape on them if they won't come out smile if the docs desperately want it out the nurses will have a way to get it out. We're resourceful buggers wink xxx

DomesticAnarchist Tue 25-Oct-16 16:38:24

I had to have a tear surgically repaired after DS1's birth and had to remove all jewellery - wedding ring & earrings.

If you need a special tool to remove a bcr I'd get it out in anticipation.

Good luck OP

Honeybee79 Tue 25-Oct-16 20:00:24

I was asked to take earrings out when they did my CS.

LauLau93 Tue 25-Oct-16 20:02:18

During my labour they thought i may need a c section and asked if i could take piercings out but mine are all tricky (tragus, rook, scaffolding, nipple and tongue) so they were going to just cover with plasters. Ended up natural labour anyway so didn't need to di anything fingers crossed youre the same!

Dlah Tue 25-Oct-16 21:02:54

Thanks guys,

Appreciate responses!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now