Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36 weeks - cold!

(6 Posts)
sharon2016 Mon 24-Oct-16 13:00:58

i think i am being a bit pathetic and hormonal BUT i feel like crap! i am 36 weeks today, exhausted, fed up of the commute into London, and ready to give up work (next tuesday). I am also coming down with an awful cold. I really feel like this cold is just the last straw! I am ready to relax and get this baby out too!

Has anyone got any tips of how to clear a cold in pregnancy? I know we cant take lempsip, decongestants etc.

Any tips let me know smile x

CharminglyGawky Mon 24-Oct-16 13:14:47

You can use Vicks vapour rub and take paracetamol!

I was only about 25 weeks when I caught a cold and felt rotten so I really feel for you being 10 weeks further along! Rest, lots of fluids. Hot honey and lemon is good for a sore throat but I'm not great with citrus so I just had honey in hot water... It was surprisingly ok and did help my throat.

Hope you feel better soon.

sophieeleanorxx Mon 24-Oct-16 13:27:59

Hey I'm 36 weeks too and had a horrible cold last week but it went after two days and I swear by hot water and lemon.
Chop a lemon into slices and add hot water and drink it while it's nice and warm and eat the lemons once uve finished the tea!
Hope you feel better soon! I am exhausted too X

Winegumaddict Mon 24-Oct-16 13:39:19

I'm only 35 weeks but I came down with a cold today. I'm a bit worn out from digging the garden yesterday so I'm not feeling great at work. I've taken some paracetamol and I'll just ride it out by trying to have an early night. At least it'll be fine before labour I can't imagine doing that while not being able to breathe!

BreatheDeep Mon 24-Oct-16 15:10:51

I'm 36 weeks and have had a cold for a week now. It's really knocked me for 6. I have a 3 yr old too. I just feel so useless.

Using vicks regularly and drinking honey and lemon. Seems to help a bit but not a huge relief

sharon2016 Mon 24-Oct-16 16:07:53

Thanks everyone! Seems like honey and lemon is really the only thing we can take. I was hoping for a miracle cure lol! I know that the decongestants are a bit dodgy at this stage!! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now