Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I spilt my soup and cried

(7 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Mon 24-Oct-16 11:46:37

I was putting my bowl of soup into the microwave. It was in my left hand and I was pushing the button to open th door with my right hand. The microwave door didn't open and the microwave was sliding backwards and I split my soup all over my pile of clean folded washing. I smashed my bowl into the sink and sat and cried!!!! Is this normal or do I need to see a dr for some help? I'm due my baby in 10wks and he has mayjor heart abnormality and I feel I'm not coping to well since finding that out

Trifleorbust Mon 24-Oct-16 12:23:42

Oh bless you, you poor thing. Of course you should speak to your doctor about how you are feeling. But if it's any comfort, I might have cried as well - that's pretty normal in pregnancy.

rainbowstardrops Mon 24-Oct-16 12:25:36

Oh you poor thing! I'd have probably cried too. Totally understandable flowerscake

MissClimpsonsTypingBureau Mon 24-Oct-16 12:25:59

Bless you! That sounds a really rough thing to deal with (the abnormality, not the soup!) flowers

If you feel as if you're not coping, absolutely call the doctor and get some help. I can't tell that from your post (that's the kind of thing that would make me cry, even unpregnant and with nothing else going on) but you know yourself and your reactions and what's normal for you. There's no shame in asking for help and the quicker you ask the quicker they can see what they can do.

flowers again. Don't be hard on yourself.

Scrowy Mon 24-Oct-16 12:27:17

I would probably cry at that even if I wasn't pregnant! Don't worry flowers are you able to do something nice for yourself for a bit and have a breather?

BergamotMouse Mon 24-Oct-16 12:32:09

Sounds like you've got a lot to deal with you poor thing. If you feel like it would help to talk to someone then perhaps it's worth having a chat with the doctor.

If it helps I've recently had a baby and cried a few weeks ago when my spoon dropped into my soup - nowhere near as bad as your soup mishap and still the tears flowed.

Nikki2ol6 Mon 24-Oct-16 12:42:12

Thank you everyone. They have told us there will be a doctors to talk too once baby arrives but not baby Drs they are special Drs for parents of babies with serious conditions but I feel I need someone now but I keep Telling my self nobody can fix this or make it any better. And yes I suppose that incident was very upsetting lol I just flew off the handle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now