Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks anyone?

(16 Posts)
Gabby786 Mon 24-Oct-16 02:43:44

I'm 39+3 and really struggling to sleep. I feel so restless. Is this normal?

salemtheteenagecat Mon 24-Oct-16 02:52:44

Hi there, I'm 38+4 And been up since 1:00. Not slept properly in a while but this being woke up with worst heartburn you could possibly imagine followed by throwing up!

So now laid very still and quiet hoping to drift off soon.

Hoping is body preparing for labour?

Have you had any signs? X

Gabby786 Mon 24-Oct-16 02:58:48

Oh no! I hope you're okay.

On Saturday I lost my plug in stages and then Sunday woke with pretty bad back pain that's been on and off. Right now I know I'm tired but I can't sleep at all. I'm also doing a number 2 on the toilet way more than normal but they're not really solid. Sorry if it's TMI.

salemtheteenagecat Mon 24-Oct-16 03:02:16

Yeah same here with mucas plug got all excited then nothing! Comforting myself hoping it's just my body clearing out and not actually poorly! I don't think there is tmi in pregnancy!

I feel the same wish I could just drift off and have a lovely deep comfortable few hours..think I'm far to optimistic

Gabby786 Mon 24-Oct-16 03:06:39

I'm due this Friday so I'm hoping and praying this little madam isn't late. I'd hate to be induced.

Neverknowing Mon 24-Oct-16 03:06:59

I'm 39+3 now too, planned cesarean for Thursday. So excited to meet my little one!
I've had exactly the same as you Salem the heartburn is so painful I haven't been able to sleep sad I believe going to the toilet frequently is a sign of early labour! Good luck to you both hopefully you'll have some movement soon flowers

SJH0604 Mon 24-Oct-16 03:07:33

I can't sleep either! I'm due in hospital at 7:30am for an ELCS! I'm 39w+1. Think I'm too nervous and excited to sleep but it would be rather useful to get some rest...arghhhh

Neverknowing Mon 24-Oct-16 03:07:41

We have the same due date gabby flowers

hopeful31yrs Mon 24-Oct-16 03:13:35

37 weeks and have been waking around 3am for the last few weeks - find it's my most comfortable time of the day and so in a way happy to be awake if you know what I mean.

I'm exhausted the rest of the day mind!!!

ImSoVeryTired Mon 24-Oct-16 03:29:38

Sounds like it won't be long for you guys. The going to the loo frequently is a sign it's getting close (at least it was for me). Sleep is hard when you feel like a beached whale isn't it?
I sympathise Salem, I had horrendous heartburn , when I was pregnant, that would frequently make me sick (morning sickness, threw up once, heartburn all the time).
Good luck ladies, it's so exciting. I now have an 8mth old. It all goes by so fast.

Squtternutbosch Mon 24-Oct-16 07:29:39

39 weeks today! Was having labour signs on and off (I think) a week ago and now nothing!! I barely feel pregnant, apart from the lack of sleep and associated exhaustion.

Will obvs continue obsessively symptom spotting though...

salemtheteenagecat Mon 24-Oct-16 07:41:33

Ha I Love the labour symptom spotting I said yesterday it's exactly like when you are ttc and you spot like crazy and then it just happens.

Labour equals exactly the same amount of googling and symptom spotting smile

Baz13 Mon 24-Oct-16 08:54:44

39+1 - I'm having similar symptoms as you Gabby- very restless, low tummy pain, back ache that is a bit on and off and much more frequent BH, loose stools and the feeling of restlessness sad I lost my mucus plug a few weeks ago - but know that it can repair itself. I had a bloody show with my first at 36 weeks and he was born 40+10!

I think they are all good signs Gabby that your body is preparing itself and gearing up to eviction day! I don't want to go over due but know I probably will- I was induced for my other two, and think I have made a cosy home for my little girl! I have a stretch and sweep booked in for next Tue- so if nothings happened by then, i'm hopeful that it will speed things along- hopefully!!

Hate this waiting/ guessing game, every little twinge etc, I am thinking is this it?? Even though this is my third child, I have never gone into labour naturally and i'm such a nervous, anxious, excited mess haha!

Craftycakey15 Tue 25-Oct-16 11:03:27

Hi, I'm 39+4 today and no signs of movement, just very uncomfortable and exhausted. I wake at 2am and stay awake til nearly 7 every day and lucky to get a couple of hours in the morning sad it's so difficult to get back to sleep. I had my first sweep yesterday which was painful and dr said I probably have another week or so to go. No twinges, no mucus plug, nothing happening at all!

Gabby786 Tue 25-Oct-16 17:27:03

I'm the same gestation CraftyCakes but honestly apart from a few twinges I've had nothing. Lost my mucus plug but now I'm thinking what if it was just discharge?

EllieM22 Tue 25-Oct-16 19:08:46

37+1 here so a little early to be symptom spotting but I am nonetheless! Period pains and backache on and off for a few days but nothing has come of it. Obsessively knicker checking for a sign of my mucus plug but nothing yet!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now