Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tmi.....itchyness

(10 Posts)
Nottalotta Sun 23-Oct-16 21:47:42

Of the......um vulva I guess. Sorry, never actually used that word before but this is mumsnet. Slightly sore, itchy. Not internal. Thrush? It's been on and off but is not comfortable today.

Anyone else? What might help?

Sweetdreamsaremadeofthis Sun 23-Oct-16 21:49:33

Maybe thrush i had that bad in my pregnancy. It was terrible pop into the pharmacist and get some canasten that helped me

Nottalotta Sun 23-Oct-16 21:51:16

I've not had thrush before, is it common in pregnancy?

alloutofnameideas Sun 23-Oct-16 21:54:10

My local pharmacists know if I'm collecting canesten that I'm pregnant. Had it throughout every pregnancy. Horrible. You can use the pessaries and the cream while pregnant but not the tablets.

hopeful31yrs Mon 24-Oct-16 02:35:23

Second vote for thrush. Note actual classical discharge but awful irritation and itching. Had swabs and they proved to be thrush and now have canesten cream. It's take a while to clear it which is apparently the case in pregnancy.

user1471927379 Mon 24-Oct-16 03:44:32

Sounds like thrush to me but you should pop down to your GP so they can be sure and take a few swabs. I've had thrush constantly throughout my pregnancy, it its awful..I usually get it accompanied with horrible thick white or watery discharge & horrible itching and discomfort. Actually ive even had it and had no itching,had an internal done as I thought i was leaking fluid (turned out to be weeblush) and they told me that she could see i had thrush due to the discharge she saw. I guess its just one of those pregnancy things & oh if you happen to get a pessary,use your finger to insert it. Midwife told me that was safest while preggers.

ChocolateBudgeCake Mon 24-Oct-16 21:22:02

Very common in pregnancy. I have only ever had it in pregnancy. Had it twice this pregnancy and it's exactly as you describe. Itchy, red and inflamed. No discharge for me.

Nottalotta Mon 24-Oct-16 21:30:59

Bloody pharmacists wouldn't sell Caneston to me today!!

Suzietwo Mon 24-Oct-16 21:32:58

I have horrific excema of the vulva, which is much worse in pregnancy. I tend to self medicate with antihistamine. You need pirotin as it has the sedative which stops you itching

Nottalotta Mon 24-Oct-16 21:48:58

Agh that does sound horrific Suzie! Poor you! I can't take piriton. Going to have to go to gp or get someone not noticeably preggers to get me some Caneston!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now