Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Subsequent inductions

(5 Posts)
MagpieCursedTea Sun 23-Oct-16 17:28:43

If you've had more than one induction, how similar was the experience second time around?
I was induced at 38 weeks with DS. They started me on the Monday morning and he was born on the Thursday morning. So although it worked and I had a vaginal birth, it took ages! There's a high chance I'll be induced again, what are my chances of it being quicker? Is it more likely to work again because I've had a successful one before? Or is there no connection between my previous induction and possible upcoming one?

Jodie1982 Sun 23-Oct-16 18:10:56

My 1st induction took 2 days. The 2nd my waters were broken at 10pm and DS was born at 4.30am. Maybe they will go with breaking waters as this is 2nd baby?

ByeByeLilSebastian Sun 23-Oct-16 18:15:09

My first took ages too. It wasn't the best experience.

My second was great. I only needed 2 pessaries and my waters breaking and I was away. It took 2 1/2 hours of established labour to pop him out and was a much more positive experience than my first.

Good luck!

Suzietwo Sun 23-Oct-16 18:15:28

Both inductions went the same way but I know plenty of people who had a much faster time the second time

PonkAlert Sun 23-Oct-16 18:43:13

First induction started midday, born 1pm the following day.

Second induction started 2pm, cervix dilated incredibly quickly (from 6cm to fully dilated in literally ten minutes) so would've been a very quick labour but baby got stuck and needed to go to theatre, born at 9pm so still much quicker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now