Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this finally it?!

(32 Posts)
Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 04:19:05

So woke up at half 3 for a pee and (warning tmi) felt a plop, pretty sure it was my show but no blood or pink tinge to it, but it felt rather substantial. Now I'm having dull period pains and have a bit of the 'shakes' and baby feels suddenly very low down. Had very strong BH last night for around 3 hrs but yesterday felt great and went shopping! I'm 36+3 but come from a family of early babies confused help! Is this it?! I'm freaking out!

Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 04:19:42

Also I'm a FTM if you hadn't guessed so this is very new to me confused

toopeoply Sat 22-Oct-16 04:21:30

Fingers crossed! When's your due date?

TheTattoedHand Sat 22-Oct-16 04:23:35

Could be! I would try and sleep for a few more hours if I were you. Might be a long day ahead smile

scrivette Sat 22-Oct-16 04:29:44

Sounds like it might be! Best of luck!

Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 04:30:39

I'm not due till 16th Nov confused but had a scan on Tuesday and she was about 6lbs and 'in position', the midwives all said they would be surprised if I made it to my next scan! I was born at 37 weeks and no one in my family has gone overdue in several generations, but no one has gone this early confused

Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 06:59:48

Having waves of nausea and the period type pain is now in dull waves, so much so I haven't got back to sleep hmm feeling the constant need to have a poo aswell confused don't think it's contractions I'm having as can walk and talk through them! So confused!

MrsMontgomerySmythe Sat 22-Oct-16 07:02:53

Sounds like early labour to me.

Congratulations.

You can walk and talk through early contractions. I only ever got to the not walking or talking stage in late labour.

My dr said if they are keeping you awake / waking you up they are productive contractions.

Good luck!

NashvilleQueen Sat 22-Oct-16 07:03:31

Early contractions can be quite bearable so don't necessarily discount it. I agree with PP that sleep might be a good idea if you can.

Cococrumble Sat 22-Oct-16 13:53:25

I could have written this post!

36+4 with period pain, back ache and pelvic pain that's stopping me walking. I haven't had a show yet though so I assume I've just got an awkward baby positioning themselves ready for the next month or so!

Good luck though sounds like things are really moving for you smile

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 22-Oct-16 14:03:17

I could walk and talk through all of my contractions

Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 14:22:33

No contractions yet confused still alot of BH and period type pain, still very nauseous. Spending the day on my labour ball to try help things along! got a feeling things might pick up again tonight as thats when things seem to happen at the moment! may try a walk aswell confused getting so anxious now I just want my baby girl here now smile

MrsMontgomerySmythe Sat 22-Oct-16 17:14:27

Good luck hope it all goes well.

BikeRunSki Sat 22-Oct-16 17:17:07

It does sound very much like the baby is on her way. Hope all goes well.

SprogletsMum Sat 22-Oct-16 17:20:51

I think not being 37 weeks yet you should possibly ring your labour ward or a midwife or somebody, it is early really.
Good luck!

Heirhelp Sat 22-Oct-16 17:24:44

I agree if you are not 37 weeks you need to ring your labour ward IMMEDIATELY and do nothing to encourage baby along. You may need steroid injections as your babies lungs are not developed enough.

Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 17:29:22

Spent most of the afternoon on and off my labour ball, in the past 2 hours have had a few contractions and BH have picked up, feeling very hungry all afternoon too! Can't stop snacking on carbs! confused (could just mean I'm a fat bastard thought lol!) fingers and toes crossed this isn't just a very cruel false alarm!

PotteringAlong Sat 22-Oct-16 17:30:33

I'm going to third ringing the labour ward and getting off the birthing ball!

Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 17:32:49

Calm down heirhelp on my scan appointment on Tuesday the midwife said if I went into labour from then they wouldn't give me steroids or intervene in any way different from a full time labour as baby is big enough and I'm far along enough smile discussed things with midwife yesterday and she's fully aware I may go over the weekend and said to just go in when I was having timeable contractions smile

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sat 22-Oct-16 17:34:34

No! I would be very reluctant to do anything to encourage labour at this early stage!

Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 17:40:33

I'm not really trying to encourage, just trying to reposition as she's currently back to back confused

queenc81 Sat 22-Oct-16 17:48:15

My son was born at 36 weeks, 6lbs but needed a lot of help. Sorry to worry you but the weight is no indication that baby is fine, could you pop along to hospital just to be checked over? X

Lizb1990 Sat 22-Oct-16 17:53:31

Now I'm scared confused midwife sounds like she's been misleading in her info, told me to use the labour ball when I was feeling she was back to back and if I was in pain and that baby would be fine if she was born now, obviously I want her to be safe and healthy and now I'm freaking out that I'm doing something wrong that could hurt her sad the midwife also said that unless I was having timeable contractions not to go in! So confused and frightened now, can't get to the ward till my husband comes home later as have no transport confused sad

PotteringAlong Sat 22-Oct-16 18:00:47

Ring the labour ward, ask their advice.

haveacupoftea Sat 22-Oct-16 18:05:00

Don't be frightened. You're best to ring the professionals and ask ther advice. Then you'll either be reassured or treated. Either way is better than sitting around being worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now