Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I keep getting really bad stitch like pains but they are at random times

(11 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Thu 20-Oct-16 20:04:42

I'm 29 wks and for the last week been getting stitch like pains in the lower sides of my tummy. They don't last too long but are painful and often wake up me during the night so it's not like they really are a stitch off walking too fast or something I have no idea what's happening I never had these in my last pregnancy. Does anybody know?

cantmakeme Thu 20-Oct-16 20:18:03

I don't know... have you had round ligament pain at all? I find that quite stitch-like

Nikki2ol6 Thu 20-Oct-16 20:25:00

Ohh!! I wonder if that's what it is then lol jeeez it's painful!

Spudlet Thu 20-Oct-16 20:27:05

Is it when you're hungry? I used to get these if I didn't have regular snacks. Just like you describe them.

Doublemint Thu 20-Oct-16 20:27:44

Round ligament pain! Bloody awful!

Nikki2ol6 Thu 20-Oct-16 20:29:00

No I'm never hungry I'm always picking lol and they are very low down like almost server ovulations pains or something!

Sweetheartyparty76 Fri 21-Oct-16 07:12:33

Sounds like round ligament pain to me. It can take your breath away x

ParForTheCourses Fri 21-Oct-16 08:14:02

Sounds like round ligament pain to me too. People said to me it just felt like stretching but Fuck no at times it took my breath away.

Speak to your midwife though, mine suggested a support belt at 24 weeks.

carmenta Fri 21-Oct-16 08:15:35

Sounds like round ligament pain, it's horrible. If it's higher up maybe it could be rib flare as well.

Exactly how if describe round ligament pain!

Baz13 Fri 21-Oct-16 10:58:13

I would also say round ligament pain- I'm still getting it at 38+5 and it's so painful that it wakes me up at night and I cannot move position, i'm literally frozen.
At first when I experienced this it was due to changing positions in the bed- but now I have it when i'm asleep and not moving, and it wakes me up, it can be so painful and as other posters have said really takes your breath away.
I just rub the area and wait for it to pass- which can be a few minutes.

Hopefully it gets better for you and subsides smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now