Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Due soon anyone?

(26 Posts)
Gabby786 Thu 20-Oct-16 02:57:20

I have 8 days left till my due date! But apart from little cramps there's been nothing!!!! Hope I'm not overdue.

user1468321775 Thu 20-Oct-16 06:51:57

I'm due tomorrow! Went 2 weeks over and got induced last time so fingers crossed that doesn't happen again. Pretty miserable, had 2 nights of contractions, then nothing.

Gabby786 Thu 20-Oct-16 08:16:28

Oh I hope something happens for you soon then!!!

Baz13 Thu 20-Oct-16 09:44:52

I have 10 days until due date- I have had an increase in braxton hicks that have woke me up through the night and back ache that comes and goes- which I think is my body preparing itself. This is my third baby, but I have no clues to the onset of natural labour as I had an emergency section with my first and was induced with my second- hate the waiting game!

Midwifes said they would do a stretch and sweep at 40+2 - strangely very excited for that; just can't wait now i'm so excited to see me little girl and to be able to bend over and dress myself without nearly passing out haha! Oh the joys of pregnancy ;)

Aliveinwanderland Thu 20-Oct-16 09:48:32

I'm due in 5 days with my first. No real signs so far.

Am really hoping it happens in the next week. Don't want to be induced.

greenlizard Thu 20-Oct-16 09:57:53

I am 39 weeks and due to be induced for medical reasons on Monday if she hasn't arrived on her own. She is however showing absolutely no signs of shifting (only 1/5 engaged) and although I am having braxton hicks I haven't anything approaching a contraction. <sigh>

I was induced with the last one and I am not keen on repeating the experience but needs must I guess. I have a stretch & sweep booked tomorrow to see if they can get things moving over the weekend. Fingers crossed!

ps. Baz13 - I wouldn't get too excited about a sweep - my experience last time was that it was a bit ouchy!

Dlah Thu 20-Oct-16 10:02:53

6 days to go!

No braxton hicks at all

Last night had one episode of a mild period cramp but that's it, no other signs/symptoms

I think she's staying put for now lol

Baz13 Thu 20-Oct-16 10:03:17

I had stretch and sweeps with my other two- 3 with my second child and I was 3 cm for a week before being induced.

I am only excited as I wasn't going to have anything done until 41+2 so just excited due to it being a week early- I remember it being a rather painful experience.

user1468321775 Thu 20-Oct-16 13:53:52

You know it's bad when we start getting excited about the prospect of a sweep! I was adamant I wouldn't have another sweep after last pregnancy! I'm booked for my first on tues...and I'm actually counting the days! Will defo be more prepared this time by taking pain killers beforehand!

PeppaAteMySoul Thu 20-Oct-16 13:59:59

You're all so lucky to be this close. I have 5 more weeks and it feels like an eternity!

ohlookitslaura Thu 20-Oct-16 14:32:37

2 weeks 2 days and draaaaging!

EllieM22 Thu 20-Oct-16 15:51:48

3 weeks 4 days to go until my due date and I am so fed up. Baby's head is free, bump looks so high up, haven't had cramps or BH or ANYTHING! This baby just wants to stay put 😞

Gabby786 Thu 20-Oct-16 16:34:59

Ellie when I was 34 weeks she was still so high up then had a growth scan the next day and she dropped so it can literally just happen so dong worry!

My midwife came to my house today. Said the baby feels ready but of course it's still a waiting game. She's booked me in for a sweep at 40+6 in case I'm late! Fingers crossed I'm not!!!!

Kittenrush Thu 20-Oct-16 17:36:26

1 week 6 days left until due date. Things are starting to get weird so maybe she's on her way soon? Fingers crossed!

BearGryllsHasaBigRope Thu 20-Oct-16 17:39:16

1 week 6 days here too. I am feeling like it could be any day now, but really I know I'm unlikely to go in to labour this early. DC1 and 2 both came pretty much exactly on time so fingers crossed this one is the same. I'd hate to go over!

LolaStarr Thu 20-Oct-16 17:54:54

8 days to go here too! I think I may have lost a little bit of my mucous plug this morning. Otherwise no signs of her shifting!

Gabby786 Thu 20-Oct-16 18:07:26

I would love to be on time. Just not late lol. But I've had nothing happen even though she's fully engaged. Sucks. Lol

MotherDuckSaid Thu 20-Oct-16 18:42:06

I'm due in five days and suffering from the Worst piles ever, making my eyes water they r so sore !!

signofthebellbird Thu 20-Oct-16 19:19:49

I'm due today! He's not engaged in the slightest. Braxton Hicks all over the shop but nothing convincing me it's all that imminent, sigh.

derryjojo Thu 20-Oct-16 19:34:16

9 days for me. Baby is 4/5s engaged but no real signs, just a sore back and on and off cramps. Can't wait to meet LO.

LillianFullStop Thu 20-Oct-16 20:01:20

I'm due in 3 days (Sunday) and I have a sweep booked for Monday 40+1 - stilling holding out hope she will come before then... wishful thinking

Gabby786 Thu 20-Oct-16 20:17:51

Oh god we're all in the same situation where fuck all is happening haha. I'm gonna try the home stuff that you read about but knowing my luck it won't work lol

Shadowboy Thu 20-Oct-16 20:26:36

Oh I feel like I've got ageeessss compared to you guys! I'm 36+3 and bump is showing no signs. My daughter was 2 weeks early so I'm fingers crossing this one will be similar- one last day of work to go!!

LillianFullStop Thu 20-Oct-16 21:20:00

I'm on the bouncing ball and when I get up it literally feels like she's about to fall out - she must be so down low now confused

MyMrKnightley Thu 20-Oct-16 22:16:33

9 days for me. Had a sweep at 38+1 nothing happened, got another booked in for 39+4. Really hoping that won't go that far as my rib cage feels like it's being torn apart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now