We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive or evap?

(6 Posts)
user1476908587 Wed 19-Oct-16 21:42:25

Hi everyone, I'm after some advice on some pregnancy tests results I have been taking. I have a 10 month old who recently stopped breastfeeding. My periods are generally on time but the last one took a wasn't as heavy as usual, but still heavy. Me period isn't due for another 10 days. I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning and after an hour or so there was a very faint positive. I am aware it could be an evap line but I'm just not sure. I took some more tests with the same result. So I tried one with just water and no positive/evap line showed up. I'm wondering if it is an actual positive, it couldn't possibly be showing up 10 days before my period.. Could it? Could my periods be affected by me stopping breastfeeding? (My period returned when bub was 8 weeks old)

Oopsypoopsy Wed 19-Oct-16 22:42:55

Did anything show up within the first 10 mins? I've heard it said that we have traces of hgc in our urine all the time and that's why you cant trust it after a few minutes as that small amount can give a false result if given enough time to dry up. x

mumofthreegbg Wed 19-Oct-16 23:31:22

Oh right. Well it didn't show up in the first 10 mins, but a test I took about 4 days ago didn't show up with any line at all..

Spam88 Thu 20-Oct-16 10:57:10

If nothing showed up within the tone specified in the instructions then it's negative. 10 days before your period would only put you around 4dpo which would be far too early for a positive test anyway.

mumofthreegbg Thu 20-Oct-16 11:54:10

Yes I realize that but what I'm getting at is my cycle is a bit messed up at the moment and I don't really know when I ovulated.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 20-Oct-16 14:22:30

Take a test again in a couple of days with fmu. You could be pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now