Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bigger second time around - how much bigger do you get?

(8 Posts)
MollyWho Mon 17-Oct-16 20:13:00

Quick question. I'm 26 weeks gone with my second dc. I think I'm massive compared to last time. Should I be worried or do you just get big quicker but end up the same sort of size?
With it being second baby I last saw the midwife at 16 weeks and don't see her again until 28/9 weeks. Obviously don't want to trouble her with such a trivial question.
What was your experience?

McBaby Mon 17-Oct-16 20:17:29

I got bigger earlier then was smaller by the end of pregnancy 2. It's like your tummy returns to pregnancy mode then the bay catches up.

Currently 11 weeks pregnant with dc3 and looking far too pregnant. Hoping the growth of hormones his one slows down like last time!

CrazyGreyhoundLady Mon 17-Oct-16 21:05:40

I had no bump at all with dd1 (my mom saw me a few days before the birth and didn't realise I was pregnant)
With dd2 I am huge, baby is slightly larger than her sis but my bump is massive. I have actually lost not gained weight but I have what my dp says looks like humpty dumpty shoved up my top xD

user1468321775 Mon 17-Oct-16 21:12:30

I agree...I swear I was showing 5 minutes after conception! Lol. I seem to grow so quickly and felt huge but it's defo slowed down. I'm now looking at photos of me now against the same time with DS 1 and I'm actually smaller this time.

Metalhead Mon 17-Oct-16 21:51:21

I too was showing (or at least very bloated) a lot earlier with DC2 but by the latter stages of pregnancy I don't think I was any bigger than first time round. Still felt like a beached whale, but that's a different story... hmm

Nottalotta Mon 17-Oct-16 21:54:05

I feel that I am bigger this time too, about the same at 6 months as I was at 7 months. But I was a stone or so fatter to start with which hasn't helped.

MollyWho Tue 18-Oct-16 07:36:50

Thanks all. Reassuring to read x

Oopsypoopsy Tue 18-Oct-16 11:43:58

Yeah I think you just show sooner with your second as your muscles give way easier because they've been wrecked already! I was bigger sooner but ended up about the same. Unless you're bigger all over then maybe you need to be careful what you eat but if it's just your belly then I think that happens to most of us. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now