Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

advice needed pleas{ help

(4 Posts)
suzycy34 Mon 17-Oct-16 19:25:34

So I got a postitve ovulation test on thurs morn, did another test on Saturday morn, I didn't have sex until the Sunday night, will this be to late to get pregnant or is there still a slight chance?

suzycy34 Mon 17-Oct-16 19:26:35

The test on Saturday morn was negatitve

SarahMOs Mon 17-Oct-16 21:03:15

I actually used the Ovia app to help me get a rough idea of when I was ovulating. It worked first month (sadly chemical pregnancy) and then worked again the third month of trying! It's free too! Use it in conjunction with your sticks, however it gives you a window so a bit more time to get down and dirty!

TerriB84 Mon 17-Oct-16 22:17:26

Was Thursday the first positive day? Generally ovulation occurs roughly 24 hours after the first appearance of the LH surge (what the ovulation tests detect). Once released the lifespan of the egg is 12-24 hours. It is likely that Sunday evening is too late but not by much so there is always a small chance. Generally it's better to have sex before ovulation as sperm can live up to 5 days in the woman's body.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now