Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ovulation test

(5 Posts)
suzycy34 Mon 17-Oct-16 19:00:15

I did a ovulation test and got a positive result on thurs morn, I did another test on Saturday morn which was negatitve,. I didn't have sex until the Sunday night, is this to late to get preg?

MyEternalSunshine Mon 17-Oct-16 19:25:58

You should have sex ASAP after getting a positive test my lovely (atleast I did) so I would say that it was too late, sorry op flowers

A positive usually means you will ovulate within the next 24hours so sex as soon as you get one is advised as sperm can survive a while (sometimes up to a few days) whilst in your uterus/tubes etc. Sorry if TMI but you know what it's like!

Note what day in your cycle this positive happened so you know when to try next cycle smile Best of luck xx

suzycy34 Mon 17-Oct-16 19:34:39

Thanks for that, I'm not really trying to get preg as just had baby 6 months ago was just using the test to see what was happening as periods haven't settled into a routine yet again after baby

AuntieStella Mon 17-Oct-16 20:01:13

Had you spotted that MN has a Conception topic?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception

You might find more posters with relevant experience/expertise in there. Or at least find it a useful place to browse.

MyEternalSunshine Mon 17-Oct-16 21:05:08

Oh I see sorry op! Didn't mean to assume smile then likely not pregnant but I'd still be vigilant as stranger things have happened haha- sex at anytime does have the possibility to become a pregnancy but just not very likely after ovulation! At least you know you have ovulated so that should be comforting regarding your cycles? If you're breastfeeding that does play havoc on your menses too halo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now