Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waters broken 27+4

(14 Posts)
LBNM19 Mon 17-Oct-16 12:50:26

My waters have broken, a couple of gushes this morning and had it confirmed at the hospital. Ive been admitted and waiting for steriord injections and nicu to come, bloods to be taken etc. I am 27+4. Anyone else been in this situation im worried sick. He isn't due untill the 12th of jan. X

LHReturns Mon 17-Oct-16 15:00:25

LBN, you must be so scared - I'm sorry this has happened so early.

What has happened since you posted - any news?

Lots of us will be here to hold your hand. Please keep posting.

DontStopMovinToTheSClubBeat Mon 17-Oct-16 15:12:45

Sending you massive hugs flowers my waters went at 33 weeks and that was scary enough. The NICU and SCBU staff are the most amazing people I've ever met, I'll never forget them, they gave us so much support. The smallest things Facebook page is also a great source of information and support too. I know it's easier said than done but just try to take each day one at a time. Thinking of you xx

sweetchilli77 Mon 17-Oct-16 16:01:42

My baby was born at 28 week......the Neonatal SCBU and Bliss charity saved her life. They can do so much now for these tiny babies....im sure the hospital staff will do their upmost best. good luck xx

taggies Mon 17-Oct-16 16:03:30

My nephew was born at 27 weeks. After a couple of months in NICU, he was discharged and is now a bouncy three year old. They can work miracles with medicine.

Thinking of you x

LBNM19 Mon 17-Oct-16 16:17:46

Thankyou everyone. Just had a scan and they said he is about 2.7 lbs atm. Still watiting for neonatal and to for bloods results to come back.

Just waiting around nothing happens quickly but they are all very nice. X

LHReturns Mon 17-Oct-16 16:35:51

LBN I think you had two threads going by mistake and I stupidly posted on the one that hadn't been picked up. I hadn't seen your other one.

Feel free to ditch this one and just update on your other thread.

Thinking about you so much and your gorgeous tiny little boy. I have a son and boys are just magical. I don't know much about it but 2.7lbs seems quite substantial relative to other premature babies. Have they commented on this?

My consultant always said that if you make it to 27 - 28 weeks then you can feel very confident of a happy outcome if no other complications. I have everything crossed that he was correct!

Coughingchildren5 Mon 17-Oct-16 16:44:40

Yes this has happened to me twice. Once with delivery at 28 weeks and once with delivery at 32 weeks.

They will want to check the baby for any signs of distress and you for any signs of infection and monitor the situation carefully. If the baby seems ok then it is safer at this age to keep the baby inside for as long as possible.

You might go into labour naturally, or nothing might happen for a while. With me nothing happened for two weeks and then I delivered naturally at 32 weeks!

With my second, nothing happened but there were signs the baby was in trouble and I had an emergency c section.

It really is a case of watch and see.

All the advice I can give is ask lots and lots of questions and put your feet up and wait it out! Also, I found that every doctor wanted to give me an internal examination. I resisted this as much as possible as it really increases the risk of infection also made me more anxious.

Both my babies had a period in scbu but are now fine, large, energetic boys.

Best of luck and let us know what happens Plus it is completely unnecessary for everyone to have a look and reconfirm for themselves that your waters have gone lol.

Coughingchildren5 Mon 17-Oct-16 16:45:23

Sorry, slightly rambling post as phone was jumping around. I meant to end with best of luck!!

Dlah Mon 17-Oct-16 17:21:23

If it's any consolation, my friends little boy was 27 weeks when waters went - only 2lb 1 born. She gave birth within 24 hours

. . Tomorrow he's coming home after just 10 weeks in hospital and now nearly 6lb and doing great!

Whilst it will mean a hospital stay, they can do such amazing things and hopefully your little one will be safe and sound x

LBNM19 Tue 25-Oct-16 23:17:32

My baby boy was born on Sunday at just 28 weeks and 3 days. I was discharged from hospital on Friday evening. Unfortunately things got bad very quickly and I started vomiting and shaking on sunday morrning, he also didn't move all day. Which was this main reason I went in to hospital. Whilst waiting to see the doctor I had meconium stained waters and I had had him with in an hour. It was a huge emergency and very scary.

There was no meserable fluid (waters) left so c section was tough and i am in a alot of pain.

Baby has an infection as do I but for now he is stable but ventilator breathing for him. Xx

Coughingchildren5 Tue 25-Oct-16 23:53:09

You poor things, such a difficult time. Thinking of you. Be kind to yourself. The nurses are brilliant and will know just what to do for your little one xx

DoorOnTheRight Wed 26-Oct-16 07:49:27

You are both so brave. Thinking of you and sending love during this very difficult time flowers

Minkybinkyboo Wed 26-Oct-16 07:58:26

I hope you and your precious boy are doing well. Thinking of you both and sending love flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now