Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

**PICTURE WARNING** blisters :(

(20 Posts)
Dlah Mon 17-Oct-16 08:24:24

Ladies,

I'm plus size, 38+5 with first pregnancy and I've put on now nearly 2 and half stone.

Approx 8 weeks ago, I felt sore in groin area - the crease of my leg, having lost my ability to see that far, I mirror soon showed what looked like a red, blistery, sweaty area, so I originally put it down to sweat rash/no air getting to the leg crease due to size.

a few weeks later it got painful, so I went docs and she briefly looked and said thrush - gave me cream and off I went, it did improve and now it's back with a vengeance. I'm wondering if not actually thrush at all?

So sore and painful as sits right on knicker line, I'm doing best to air it but very difficult during day and even at night unless I sit legs wide open it's still covered with excess fat sad

Excuse the picture, I know what it looks like but it's actually just the crease of my leg :/

Jodie1982 Mon 17-Oct-16 08:56:46

Oh bless you that looks very sore.
It doesn't look like thrush. I think you need to show the doc again and possibly get a steroid type cream. Try n cover with a gauze to keep your underwear from rubbing? Hopefully it'll be sorted soon enough. Good luck

gumbootsandjandals Mon 17-Oct-16 09:08:04

You might be reacting to your knicker elastic. I'd go back to the docs for steroid cream and maybe look for some different underwear.

Dlah Mon 17-Oct-16 09:33:46

I've gone for strictly cotton to try and help,

I was given hydrocortizone last time, am I right in thinking that's partly steroid?

Just not what you want when you're about to push a 7-8lb baby out that region! Painful enough I'm sure :/

Getting me down in my last week of pregnancy (hopefully)

Thanks for replies ladies x

gumbootsandjandals Mon 17-Oct-16 09:42:44

Hydrocortisone is the lowest strength steroid cream available. Make sure you only apply thinly.

Another thought: have you been using panty liners? Because they can definitely cause irritation (I should know - I'm allergic to the adhesive. Elastic itself also irritates the bejesus out of me).

Dlah Mon 17-Oct-16 12:18:36

Not liners but sanitary towels on a daily basis as generally feel like I'm 'leaking' with a weaker bladder these days . . Hadn't really thought of that tbf :/

LHReturns Mon 17-Oct-16 12:20:49

I think that could actually be yeasty - I'm sure I had something in the crease of my breast a while back. So sore OP, so sorry / the last thing you need!

My recommendation would be Daktacort Ointment (the 'Cort' means cortisone). As that targets the yeast and also the inflammation.

If you can't get a prescription then you could use a hydrocortisone and also a cream for something like sweat rash or even canestan.

Build up of candida during pregnancy is very normal. I get awful thrush when pregnant.

OrianaBanana Mon 17-Oct-16 12:21:03

Sanitary towels might well be doing it. Could you try the big thick no wings type?

Dlah Mon 17-Oct-16 12:38:49

Definitely worth looking at changing.

I just use normal winged pads at min, maybe I need to use proper Tena type as maybe more absorbing

Ah the joys!

Honeybee79 Mon 17-Oct-16 12:49:22

That looks really painful. Doesn't look like thrush to me.

Go back to you GP?

Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is getting as much air to the area as possible - not easy given the location, but when at home try to go knickerless with just a skirt over the top?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 17-Oct-16 12:52:46

I get that when I use anything wingy or perfumed especially Always!

Use lots of Sudocreme, slather it on, works a treat!

Dixiechick17 Mon 17-Oct-16 13:32:18

Could you get some seamless pants, the ones that are just stretchy material all over so nothing to rub? Also may be worth trying boots slim or normal maternity pads, as they are very soft

gumbootsandjandals Mon 17-Oct-16 13:38:58

Winged pads have more adhesive and plastic. I bet that's what's causing the issue. If you need a pad I'd just go with a maternity pad. Better yet go for washable pads but I know they're not everyone's cup of tea.

ColdTeaAgain Mon 17-Oct-16 13:39:36

Change style of pants, the bigger the better, so that nothing is right in that area. Avoid any tight fitting clothing. I think it looks like a fungal infection tbh, agree get your GP to have a look.

FuckyNell Mon 17-Oct-16 13:44:13

Yy daktacourt or canesten hydrocortisone. Looks like jock itch to me

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 17-Oct-16 15:16:34

Weirdly, Canesten etc does nothing for me Sudocreme is the only thing. I figure it's like nappy rash from the wings!

MrsGsnow18 Mon 17-Oct-16 18:02:19

Sorry OP,looks painful and last thing you need right now!
I'd second the sudocrem idea, stop using the winged pads and if it doesn't start to clear up head back to the GP.

LilyCat43 Tue 18-Oct-16 11:27:34

I've seen something similar to this before. I thought it was a combination of perhaps not drying properly and sweat. (I am plus size too) talcum powder really helped me and cleared it up almost the next day... good luck! Xx

JennyOnAPlate Tue 18-Oct-16 11:36:21

I would bet money on it being from the plasticky wings on your towels. Wings irritate me after a few days of use.

Benby Tue 18-Oct-16 15:21:55

Hi I would get caldesene powder you need to keep the area dry as much as possible.I am plus size and where my previous c section scar is can get like this. Powder always helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now