Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy test confusion

(19 Posts)
Catbrowne123 Sun 16-Oct-16 13:30:10

Hi ladies,

I took a pregnancy test this morning (first wee of the day) and the positive line immediately showed up (pic below) Then over about 20 minutes it disappeared?!

So I took another test but unfortunately my wee was really pale and diluted and it came up negative sad what do you think ladies?

RNBrie Sun 16-Oct-16 13:33:41

That's a positive. It should say in the instructions not to interpret the results after 10 mins or so as the lines can fade as your wee dries. Or a line can show up on a negative test.

Take another one first thing tomorrow. But it's looking pretty good to me. Congrats!!

SarahMOs Sun 16-Oct-16 13:42:48

Have you missed your period or testing early?

Catbrowne123 Sun 16-Oct-16 14:19:28

Honestly we're not actually trying, I'm on the pill. I do want children although I'm only at the start of my career at the moment. If it turns out I am pregnant I would be really happy - it's a little earlier than I would have planned but there's never a good time right?

I've been feeling sick quite a lot recently and my skin has been acting strange - lots of chin acne and then totally clear skin so I just thought it would be worth me taking a test and this is the result I got!

I'm going to take another one in the morning, hopefully will have an answer either way then.

wowwee123 Sun 16-Oct-16 14:33:41

this happened to me once. i got two lines absolutely panicked to the point of tears to look again 10mins later and the line had gone. i definitely wasnt pregnant.

that being said, it is unusual so i would keep testing until you are sure.

EmbarassedQuestion Sun 16-Oct-16 14:34:41

That's a positive imo.

ConvincingLiar Sun 16-Oct-16 18:42:03

That's a positive. Congratulations.

Catbrowne123 Mon 17-Oct-16 07:55:18

Thanks everyone. Did another test this morning and it's negative. Will keep testing over the next week or so but maybe had a faulty test - can't understand why the line would have disappeared!

wowwee123 Mon 17-Oct-16 13:48:31

i have no idea but like i say it happened to me before. just keep testing until you feel confident in the result.

Lilmiss0788 Fri 28-Oct-16 07:51:30

I have this going on too? Currently on the pill but was a bit lapse taking the them on time this month. So came to my regular break on the pill and I didn't come on so took pregnancy test negative, thought my period started the next day but only lasted a day took another test faint pink line - positive, brought clear blue took this morning first wee of the day and says negative ? Am I? Aren't I?

Lilmiss0788 Fri 28-Oct-16 07:52:30

Ps the pink lid test pic was taken upside down, but pale pink line is hormone line.

SarahOoo Fri 28-Oct-16 08:33:00

Wait a few days to see if your period comes and don't take your pill again yet when the break is over.

Lilmiss0788 Fri 28-Oct-16 08:36:40

Ok will wait a few days and retest. Thanks

Littlemisssugarplum88 Fri 28-Oct-16 09:49:44

I would say you have a positive test. Congrats flowersxx

Catbrowne123 Fri 28-Oct-16 09:56:51

This is exactly what happened to me!! Turned out definitely not pregnant - I kept testing over the week and still coming up negative. Definitely keep testing to be sure. Hope you get the result you want x

Lilmiss0788 Fri 28-Oct-16 10:18:43

Find pregnancy tests so confusing. If I had light bleeding for one day would that count as a period? Or when I've googled some women get implantation bleeding ? I've been getting stomach ache this morning. Does that mean anything? Was planning to have another next year so if it's a bit earlier than we planned we would be happy x

SarahOoo Fri 28-Oct-16 11:23:32

Being on the pill can make it even more confusing, did you double pack by any chance?

Implantation bleed is more rare than it seems on these chats so I doubt it would be that. Stomach ache could be your period is coming or to do with pregnancy. Me and my sister in law had cramps a few days before we were due on when we were trying and found out we were pregnant after that.

I am very pessimistic about the line tests. My first month of trying I tested early (which I absolutely now discourage anyone from doing!) and the line was feint, then after my missed period the clear blue said negative. It was pretty gut wrenching but after our successful month I will only ever use the digital ones AFTER a missed period.

For you being on the pill it's going to be very hard going to know for sure yet. I'd leave it until Monday and then test again if your period/break bleed hasn't come.

Lilmiss0788 Fri 28-Oct-16 11:38:48

When u say double pack do u mean take another pill pack after the other like when you forget to take your pill?
If so no i didn't do that.
I will definitely leave it a few days and see if nature takes it course with my period. If another test comes out negative obv that's the answer. You know what it's like when u just wanna know! a few days feels like a month. Thank you for your imput, just wait and see x

SarahOoo Fri 28-Oct-16 11:58:56

Yes sorry that's what I meant. I used to love doing it as I travel in my job! But could only double pack and not triple pack....when I did that my period just came anyway and it was always a bit weird!

Yes a waiting game I'm afraid, I have been there, that first month we tried was awful not knowing and that why when it was our second and third month of trying (third was successful!) I just waited for a missed period.

Let us know how you get on! My advice though is to make sure you take that pill religiously (or not if you are going to try now 😊).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now