Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induced twice....chances of going into labour with no 3 myself?!

(8 Posts)
Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 16-Oct-16 10:23:54

As the title says really, I was induced with 1 and 2, is it likely I will end up the same way with no 3 or is there a chance I might spontaneously go into labour this time?!

I'd like the chance once to know what going into labour feels like and be able to stay at home for a bit etc.

DD2 was induced at 6 days, cervix not even a little bit favourable and not dilated- went into hyperstimulated labour and was born 2 hours 30 mins after the pessary went in shock Would love to avoid this hellish experience happening again lol!

Baz13 Sun 16-Oct-16 10:49:54

I am the same as you, I was induced with my first child using pessary tablets at 10 days past his EDD but needed and emergency c-section as it became apparent he had a heart problem; with DC2 I was induced due to her size at 39 weeks through stretch and sweeps but I didn't progress from 3cm for a whole week- so went in on the drip and DD was born 2 days after her EDD.
This time the consultants have said they will let me go 7 days past my EDD before doing a sweep and then if nothing happens 12 days after EDD they will induce me.
I would really like to go into labour by myself - and I am literally wondering what every little twinge is- only 2 weeks until EDD !
How far gone are you What the freak?

MyGiddyUncle Sun 16-Oct-16 11:46:43

I'm exactly the same op.

With ds1 I was in hospital from 37 weeks (pre-eclampsia) - 8 failed inductions, the 9th was successful and he was born at 39+4.

With ds2 I had a straightforward pregnancy but went in to be induced at 40 +12 as he clearly wasn't moving!

I really want to know what it feels like to have the excitement of waking up at 4am with pains, monitoring them, getting dh to drop the dc off at my mums and then taking me in...that sort of thing.

alltouchedout Sun 16-Oct-16 11:54:12

Why did they induce at just 6 days over with your second dc? Were there concerns about waiting? I was induced at 14 days over edd with ds1 (pessary, v fast labour when it finally started), went into spontaneous labour at +10 with ds2 (very fast again), and went into spontaneous labour with ds3 at +4.
With ds2 &3 I was very clear that unless there were genuine concerns about the babies, backed up by actual evidence, I wasn't going to be induced unless I went more than 15 days over the edd. They can advise you but they can't make you. Of course if they can show you that there is a genuine reason to induce earlier than you want, you listen to them, but if not, you can decide for yourself.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 16-Oct-16 12:41:54

I was induced due to her size and awful SPD second time, first time I was induced at 12 days over I think (9 years ago so hazy!)

Midwife thinks this baby is already big at 32 weeks, got a growth scan at 35 weeks and again at 38 so we will see. Measuring huge though and having twice weekly physio already to try and stay mobile as my hips and back are awful again and I really don't want to end up immobile again like last time, as Dd2 is only 15 months I hadn't fully recovered joints wise before this (suprise) pregnancy so I have been struggling.

I'm glad it's not just me who wants to have the full experiencebaz and giddy!

UnicornPee Sun 16-Oct-16 12:55:37

I asked this same question to my midwife and she said every baby is different and it boils down to that pregnancy.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 17-Oct-16 16:57:51

I saw the midwife today and asked her- she said she would be very surprised if I were to go into labour by myself sad

Induction no 3 is looking very likely then sad

InsaneMummyOfThree Mon 17-Oct-16 21:26:09

Hi op just wanted to give u a bit of hope. I was induced 2 weeks over with my first pregnancy. It was horrific and I ended up with an emcs as baby just wasnt ready to come out. With 2nd child I opted for a planned cs as I had them 12 months apart and was so traumatised by my first labour I just didnt want the same thing happening. So when I got pregnant for the third time I was desperate to have a vba2c. For Me this meant that I had to go into labour naturally as third time round they wouldnt induce me as it was too risky. I was booked for a section 10 days past my due date. my midwife said she didnt think I would go into labour but I was so desperate I would try anything. So at 40+1 I went for acupuncture. I was sceptical but it was really good. Whilst I was there I felt my womb contracting and had mild period pains. She gave me info about pressure points to massage. At 40+7 I went into labour naturally and it was amazing. So empowering and nothing at all like my induced labour. Unfortunately for me I did end in a c section but the was down to my baby having unknown medical issues. I would definitely recommend acupuncture as I believe it helped me go naturally. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now