Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy anxiety help?

(3 Posts)
HandbagCrab Sat 15-Oct-16 18:51:32

Has anyone experienced this and if so did anything help?

I thought I was anxious about specific things but it keeps ramping up, sometimes about trivial things, sometimes things less trivial. I realised it was a bigger problem than I thought yesterday when I thought I'd cracked it with something I was very anxious about in the morning that I got sorted, but by evening it had come back with a vengeance about something else completely unrelated and I couldn't sleep for worrying. It feels very irrational and uncontrollable in comparison to anxiety I usually feel and can usually manage.

I'm having a difficult pregnancy and have been in varying amounts of pain and immobility throughout so I've been signed off work for the majority of the pregnancy. I try to keep occupied and positive but it can be hard to do so around the pain. I had a difficult previous birth and the counsellor I've seen has suggested I have ptsd from that. I've got one more session of counselling but could find another therapist if people find counselling generally helps.

I just want a few weeks off from feeling like I'm catastrophically fucking things up or that I cannot cope with pregnancy and something is going to go terribly wrong.

Thanks so much for any help smile

Mummy2squish Sun 16-Oct-16 08:51:50

Hi, how are you feeling? I suffer from anxiety particularly around health issues mine is often worse in the evening I think I have more time to think about things.

Now I'm sure you've done all these things but things I find help me:

*I've taken up crochet and I find that by doing something like this distracts my mind enough to stop worrying about things.
*I also find that I sit and focus on positives. Anything positive I can find even if it's small and whatever is worrying me I tell myself "it's ok though because (insert positive here)
*I know you've said you are struggling with pain can you do any exercise, a bit of walking can clear my head a lot or going for a drive as I am so distracted.

I hope you find the tools you need to help you with this.

HandbagCrab Mon 17-Oct-16 11:41:24

Thank you mummy for your reply. I'm going to sort out everything I can so I have less to worry about and I'm seeing about having some hypnotherapy. I have pgp so walking is painful rather than medative unfortunately. Driving needs to be for a reason too as it can hurt my hips if I drive for too long.

I think I need to make sleep more comfortable too as I wake up in pain a lot and I think I'm a bit sleep deprived which never helps with anxiety in my experience. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now