Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you start showing with DC2?

(16 Posts)
SleepForTheWeak Sat 15-Oct-16 14:52:53

I didn't start showing till after 20weeks with DD, I've heard you often show quicker with your second so was just wondering when you could tell you were pregnant?

I'm wanting to keep the pregnancy a secret from work for a while (only 5+3) but I'm worried a bump will give me away as my work clothes aren't very forgiving!!

I'm about the same starting weight as I was with DD.

Thanks!

lightcola Sat 15-Oct-16 14:59:44

Really early on. Around 10 weeks. I also felt movement from 12 weeks.

BennyTheBall Sat 15-Oct-16 15:04:13

About 20-22 weeks. I managed not to tell people until about then.

I felt movement really early too - about 12 weeks.

UnicornPee Sat 15-Oct-16 15:04:14

I'm pregnant with DC3 and at 18 weeks pregnant it's still a secret to everyone. Slight bump but I wear baby dresses for work.
I'm 5"8

carrotcakecupcake Sat 15-Oct-16 15:10:34

Despite all the running & Pilates after having DC1 I bloated right up about two days after having a BFP. I then felt sick so ate all sorts of crap for a few weeks which didn't help the bloat. I think I had a proper bump (not bloat) by about 13 weeks, and today (19 wks) was told by a nurse that my bump was very 'neat'.
I was quite small with my first and definitely feel bigger this time. Am sure I read somewhere that you look about a month bigger than you are in subsequent pregnancies?

SleepForTheWeak Sat 15-Oct-16 15:13:40

Wow I didn't realise you could feel movement so early on! That's so exciting!

SquedgieBeckenheim Sat 15-Oct-16 15:15:45

I'll be 18 weeks on Monday, my bump has become noticeable to colleagues at work in the last week. However, people who know me better started noticing at around 14 weeks.
Clever dressing can hide it longer, depending on what you have to wear at work!

CaveMum Sat 15-Oct-16 15:18:04

I'm currently 14 weeks with #2 and have been in maternity leggings for 3 weeks and have had a bump of some description for about 5 weeks!

I didn't show until about 18 weeks with DD.

SleepForTheWeak Sat 15-Oct-16 15:24:55

Wow cave that's pretty early!

I have to wear a shirt at work - which really have no give, and a wool jumper when it's cold but it's quite a clingy material.

Really want to wait until at least after my 12 week scan for people to find out, everyone knew super early with DD and it made the pregnancy feel so long!!

CaveMum Sat 15-Oct-16 15:31:37

I know! I'm all bump though, as I was with DD. I'm a size 10 normally and certainly last time didn't appear to put on any weight elsewhere, I just had a humongous bump and DD was 8lb15 when she arrived at 40+6 grin

This one is likely to be a big un too as it's already measuring 1 week ahead of my dates, which I know are 100% accurate as we had an assisted conception.

chloechloe Sat 15-Oct-16 15:59:41

I told work I was expecting no. 2 at 24 weeks and nobody had suspected anything. I was able to hide it though with loose blouses and blazers. Both times I've had a small bump though - my babies seem to hide themselves!

GreyBird84 Sun 16-Oct-16 13:33:58

7 weeks. No exaggeration. Currently 9 weeks & look around 4 months. I have my booking in app at 12 weeks do I imagine 14 weeks will be the earliest I get my '12 week' scan & there's no way people aren't going to realise before then!

SpinALittleFaster Sun 16-Oct-16 14:41:55

I looked obviously different by 12 weeks but people didn't start noticing a bump until around 20 weeks. I think I'm about 4 weeks ahead in terms of bump size compared to last time - hopefully it'll even out eventually!

ConvincingLiar Sun 16-Oct-16 17:48:17

I'm 12 weeks today, on Wednesday when I was in the lift alone I stopped holding my stomach in and was surprised how fat I was. Can't say it's necessarily baby though. Have maternity clothes ready to go but am waiting until post scan as it would feel like an announcement.

Mumchatting Sun 16-Oct-16 22:17:48

This time round at around 12-13 weeks. So early!!

With my first started showing very tiny bump at 17 weeks.

Honeybee79 Sun 16-Oct-16 22:20:39

About 23 or 24 weeks. We didn't tell anyone until after the second scan and got away with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now