Talk

Advanced search

25 week Appointment

(5 Posts)
Feb2017 Thu 13-Oct-16 15:20:04

Hi,
I have a question I hope someone can help me with. The care pathway (for low risk pregnancies) for women in my area indicates that I need to have a GP appointment between 25 and 34 weeks for an Antenatal assessment and a Whooping cough vaccine. Does anyone know what the GP checks? GP receptionist said that they don't usually do the vaccine till 30 weeks but I can see the Dr.

The care pathway also indicates another GP appointment at 31 weeks for another antenatal assessment. Again what are they checking?

Many thanks.

PotteringAlong Thu 13-Oct-16 15:21:28

I had mine with the midwife yesterday; she measured my bump, listened to the heartbeat, dipped my urine and checked i had had my hand.

PotteringAlong Thu 13-Oct-16 15:21:39

Hand? Jabs!

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Thu 13-Oct-16 19:52:56

I had one with my MW today. We did urine dip, blood pressure, listened to baby, measured uterus height, organised GTT and bloods for 28 week appt which we also arranged. She checked i'd had my flu Jab and asked me to book a whooping cough Jab with the nurse. Think that was it. All routine stuff.

Oh and she would have issued my MatB1 form too but I don't need one as I'm a SAHM.

Feb2017 Fri 14-Oct-16 09:41:39

Thanks All for your responses. Guess the midwife at 28 weeks will do something similar to my GP. So many questions as it's my first, not sure what is normal or what to expect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now