Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Empty sac then some growth - anyone else had this?

(7 Posts)
Murphymoo84 Wed 12-Oct-16 18:41:16

Hi I'm supposed to be around 8 weeks pg. we have had two early scans due to two previous mc. This time however it is a little different and confusing. First one said there was a pg sac but no yoke scan so not looking like a viable pg. We went back to confirm this yesterday and there has been some growth and there was something there but it was unclear. We were expecting a flat 'you've mc'd again' so I'm trying not to be too hopeful but this is better than no growth right? Has anyone else been through this? Did you mc or did things work out? Anything at all you can say will help :-)

MissClarke86 Wed 12-Oct-16 21:43:56

I had similar and things were measuring very early compared to my dates, which I knew were accurate. I had to keep waiting 2 weeks to see if things had progressed each time even though I knew things weren't progressing because of dates. I was also lightly bleeding for the entire duration.

I hope things work out more positively for you.

Murphymoo84 Wed 12-Oct-16 21:56:24

Thanks Missclark32. So you were progressing even with the bleeding? Sorry to ask painful questions but how long did that go for? I just want to know for sure if I'm having a third one so I can move on. Feeling pretty desperate right now. Thank you for taking the time to reply xx

Murphymoo84 Wed 12-Oct-16 22:03:38

Missclark86 - sorry!! Not with it at all!!

smellsofelderberries Wed 12-Oct-16 23:59:07

When I experienced this it didn't have a positive outcome. I'm so so sorry you're facing this again flowers the waiting is the worst as my body wouldn't let go of the pregnancy by itself.

MissClarke86 Thu 13-Oct-16 07:23:56

Yes things grew with me but far too slowly. It went on for about 6 weeks because twice I had to wait for repeat scans to see if growth had caught up. The thing is, I was sure about my dates all along so it dragged it out for me - but they couldn't say "no it's not ok" until they were 100% sure.

They actually weren't sure the bleeding was related and could've just been a bruise. I had a ERPC in the end as nothing was moving naturally.

Murphymoo84 Thu 13-Oct-16 08:16:32

Yeah, I can't see how my dates are wrong either. No bleeding, still getting all the normal pg symptoms. I guess it will just be a case of waiting until it can be confirmed as a mc. God I feel so depressed right now :-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now