Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4-5 weeks pregnant

(16 Posts)
Zoecantalkforengland Wed 12-Oct-16 18:22:32

Hello lovely people,

I wanted some advise I found out two weeks ago that I am pregnant and for a week now I've had bleeding with horrible stomach cramps. I went to A&E on Monday who sent me to acute gynaecology after blood tests which where fine. I had an internal scan which showed a sac but no baby just yet (I am aware that this is quite common) and they have booked me to go back in two weeks. I'm still worried as I'm still bleeding and the cramps seem to be getting worse is this normal? I'm very confused. xx

Murphymoo84 Wed 12-Oct-16 19:00:51

You should phone your GP or Early Pregnancy Unit. See what they say. Highlight that you are feeling very anxious. They are normally really good and can possibly get you in for another scan or just let you know what to expect. It's ok to feel like you're going crazy and if you need to cry just do. Make sure you surround yourself with support until you have an answer. Wishing you well xxxx

Zoecantalkforengland Wed 12-Oct-16 19:21:32

I have been to my GP but I will try them again, see what they can suggest, it's just so confusing!! Thank you for your advice and kind words xxx

Murphymoo84 Thu 13-Oct-16 10:34:51

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm waiting on a third scan myself as they can't confirm what's happening. It's a stressful time. X

Zoecantalkforengland Thu 13-Oct-16 13:05:35

Oh that is so stressful, well fingers crossed they find out what's going on and that everything is okay lovely. Sending positive thoughts your way xxx

stephyx4 Thu 13-Oct-16 15:44:40

Hi,
I've just read your post and I'm very new to this but I'm having my 4th baby and I'm also about 4/5 weeks along.
I've had the same symptoms as you spotting, cramping I went to my GP who sent me for an early ultrasound but so early on all they could see was the sac.
I've had my hormone levels checked.
Unfortunately at this stage ( and from previous experience) there isn't much they can do.
The reason they would
Like you to wait for 2 weeks is by then your baby will be formed and have a heart beat 😊
I know it's worrying but try not to panic, the best advice I was given was eat well, relax and don't over do things.
I hope the spotting subsides for you it's very common in early pregnancy.
Take care Xxx

Zoecantalkforengland Thu 13-Oct-16 18:32:14

Hi Stephy, ah congratulations!! Thank you commenting it has really reassured me and hopefully murphymoo too smile yeah I called the GP today and they said I just needed to wait for my appointment. Still got the cramps and bleeding but hoping for the best. Best wishes to you xxx

Murphymoo84 Thu 13-Oct-16 21:56:25

Stephy, thank you it's good to hear a happy outcome.
Thanks Zoe. I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way too. Please let me know how you get on. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for us both! X

stephyx4 Thu 13-Oct-16 22:54:23

I have my fingers crossed for you both ladies 😊
I hope you both get a reassuring scan.
I hope the bleeding settles down, if it does get worse contact your GP again.
Try not to worry to much though ladies Xxx

alex1994 Fri 14-Oct-16 17:09:30

hi!!
i know im not going to be much help but im looking for advice too.
this is my 3rd pregnancy, 1st one was a MC and second one was succesfull and i had my beautiful daughter however i found out i was pregnant last week, on tuesday i had stomach cramps and had a bleed, went to epu who sent me for a scan they did the internal scan and they couldnt see anything, they said my uterus was sat back(dont know what that means) after the scan they did my blood test and pregnancy hormone levels came back at 1715 (i was lead to believe that they should see something at 1500 and over) i had my bloods done on the thursday and the hormone level had gone upto 3750 i have to have another blood test on saturday and another scan on tuesday im just a nervous wreck atm anyone else had a similar experience ?

Oopsypoopsy Fri 14-Oct-16 23:00:45

Hi ladies, I am about 5 weeks along with my 3rd pregnancy so I'll tell you my experiences.

First one was so great, no terrible symptoms and a very healthy baby boy, now 6.

Second one did a test really early and got the faintest positive possible then a few days later started having spotting so I automatically thought misscarriage! Went to the dr's and my lovely gp got me straight in for a scan which showed only the sac so not conclusive, I then did a test a week later which showed a really strong positive so I knew it was ok, then the sore boobs kicked in which was reassuring. I actually spotted for the first 3 months around the time of my period, with cramps too. I worried every time but all was well.

Now here I am with the same spotting and cramps as last time so I'm just really ignoring it hoping it's the same thing! My boobs are starting to hurt so I'm hopeful!

Good luck, I hope it's the same thing for you.

Hope that helps. x

stephyx4 Tue 18-Oct-16 19:24:55

How are you ladies ?!

I was re scanned today I'm 6 weeks and I saw the heart ❤️ beat , I have a bruise / rip in my womb (. That's how it was described) that's what's causing my cramping and bleeding.
It can resolve on its own and I'm praying it does . Thought I'd share with you andim hoping your all doing ok Xxx

Murphymoo84 Tue 18-Oct-16 21:37:17

Hi ladies,
Wow Stephy that's fantastic news. And gives us all a little bit of hope. I've still had no bleeding at all so I'm clinging that it may still be growing. Will let you know Monday I guess. This waiting is the worst isn't it.
Oopsy that is also reassuring to hear. How are Alex and Zoe getting on? Sending you all good vibes xxx

Zoecantalkforengland Mon 24-Oct-16 16:49:15

Hi lovely ladies, just wanted to let you know after weeks of cramp and bleeding (which is still happening) my tiny bean is fine at 7 weeks and there was also a heart beat!!! I cried. Really hope everyone else is coming along just as well with out the worry of everything really was the longest two weeks!! Best wishes for you all. Let me know how you are getting on?! xxx

Murphymoo84 Tue 25-Oct-16 12:08:52

Hi all,
We had a scan yesterday and afterwards they recommend some assistance as the embryo had not grown. I had the internal tablets as I couldn't face surgery or more waiting. So now just dealing with all of that. It's not much fun at all and I'll spare you the details but at least the waiting is done. Now we can get some investigation done and start moving forward. I'm the sort of person who needs a plan so I'm going to make this my mission now.
I'm so pleased others are doing ok and your support on here has really helped. Good luck with everything ladies. X

Zoecantalkforengland Tue 25-Oct-16 17:37:39

Murphymoo, I'm so so sorry to hear your news. I was really hoping for the best outcome for you, I'm glad that you are focused on the plan and wish you all the best with the investigations. Hopefully it won't take long lovely. Lots of hugs xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now